Any 2ch users move to a Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip on the guitar volume to fight the fizz, its pretty obvious I guess when you think about it. I cut the volume back all the time to clean up the clean channels, but for some reason on high gain channels I had it my head to drive the guitar's volume on full all the time.

For the 85 vs 81 in the bridge position, I do like the 85 for rhythm but not much for leads. The 81 is smoother (and maybe more compressed?). On the Mark V though I prefer the 81 over the 85 for both rhythm/lead.

Its funny because I find myself doing tricks to get the roadster brighter and the Mark darker. In the end I'll probably end up with one guitar matched for the V and one for the Roadster. I even have cables I prefer on the Mark vs Roadster, sounds silly, but one cable is higher quality and the highs don't leak out (use that one with roadster) the other cable tames the treble a bit and I actually like that on the Mark. Granted I can only really tell the difference on the cleans between the cables.

iceman said:
Its funny because I find myself doing tricks to get the roadster brighter and the Mark darker. In the end I'll probably end up with one guitar matched for the V and one for the Roadster. I even have cables I prefer on the Mark vs Roadster, sounds silly, but one cable is higher quality and the highs don't leak out (use that one with roadster) the other cable tames the treble a bit and I actually like that on the Mark. Granted I can only really tell the difference on the cleans between the cables.

I totally understand the cable angle. I've been using that trick for years with various amps after reading that Santana once had a 50ft cable tied to his belt to bleed off treble when he had to use a wireless on a TV appearance.

As for brightening your Roadster, have you tried replacing the V1 preamp tube? When I did that it made pretty significant difference.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but EHX will give you a brighter, harder response while a TungSol will give you a brighter, slightly softer response.

Latest posts

Back