Another Theile?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ursinus

Reaction score
I'm in trouble. I'm going to pick up another 1x12 Theile with an EV tonight... The guy was local and the price was right. Now, how am I going to dicretely add it to my set up without too much fuss from my wife?....... 8)

Oh, this is awesome! My excuse was that I needed one for home and one for the practice room so I only had to move the head back and forth. AND I sold my open back cab to help pay for it along with some other items...

Hopefully you don't get too much of a lashing! Haha.

1. "Oh hey honey, I got back the cabinet today that I lent to *insert name here* a few years ago!"
2. "I got such an amazing deal on this I couldn't pass it up! These things are selling like wildfire for about twice the price and they are only going to go up in value!"
3. "Hey honey, I bought this new cabinet so I can play this song I wrote for you on it..."
4. Shuffle around all of your current gear and place the thiele somewhere inconspicuous so it won't be as noticeable.

1-Don't say a word, if she doesn't notice and say anything all is good.
2-Buy her some sort of jewelry, this usually blinds women to anything
3-Just act like you've had it for a while and ask her why she doesn't take an interest in your music!!! Reverse guilt trips- get 'em back!!! :twisted:

I use the 'fishing" method" You take the kids out fishing with two extra rods and come back with 3 . Remember to remove the hang tags !
:wink:

LOL! I just stacked it on top of my existing ones. No one noticed......but, my TV died about an hour before I came home, so I guess I'll make it up to her by getting her a nice flat screen..... 8)

i was able to sneak my mark2c+ combo past my parents and siblings the first time i came down from college. the second time....not so lucky.

In other words, your luck may run out!

Elpelotero said:
i was able to sneak my mark2c+ combo past my parents and siblings the first time i came down from college. the second time....not so lucky.

In other words, your luck may run out!

It did. My kids figured it out and snitched..... :cry:

well, I made a deal with my wife. I sold my 2x12 Vert. Recto and I bought a new toaster oven and a flat screen. Next time I'm going to consult with her before I buy something else. The restitution is expensive....LOL! :shock:

Latest posts

Back