Another Thank you to GTS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
GTS built headshell for my Mark IV.
Very nice, and great attention to details.

The screwholes for the frontplate isn't that visual as in the picture, so if the velcro starts to loose it's effect, the holes are already drilled, and fastening the frontplate with screws will be easy.
MarkIVhead5.jpg

Being able to compare side by side, I'd say his are better than Mesa's, especially in the tolex finish. George also got the tolerances right! It's easy to pull the chassis from his head shell and it's quite a hassle from the Mesa original.

As well, I have seen nicer wicker work than the one I bought from george, but not on any amp I could sensibly afford--it is definitely well above average (and mine was a preproduction model.)

I have a wicker grill from George and it is straighter than Mesa and the screw holes are actually lined up so you don't have to puncture the cane. It was also not a $ 194 for a slap together job like Mesa either.

Congrats! Another stunning piece of work from George!

Guys, just wait until you see mine! :shock:

8)

Looks like a superb job and the colour is gorgeous.

Has to be the best tolex colour I think I have ever seen.

Im sure you are well pleased with your choice.

how much do his headshell run?

i found a mark iv 1x12 combo thats pretty beat up as far as the tolex (not to mention a few screw holes) and was thinking about getting and converting it to a head. The think plays like butter and sounds better than any mark iv i've played and for the price i found it for its a steal.

Wow great job gts! I found it hard work when i retolexed my DC-5, especially the slanted parts. You must have had a lot of practice man cos that thing is perfect! 8)

Latest posts

Back