another painful new guy question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 u, i would recommend the LSS, loud enough but not too loud, not too heavy. M4's weigh a lot. Sounds wonderful, very versatile. Those looking for more gain from their LoneStars should try setting the ch2 drive, gain & treble knobs to 9 o'clock & then vary the presence according to taste. This roughly the equivalent of bypassing the tone stage but My LSC sounds fantastic like this. The M4 has more gain, but the LS won't mask the tone of the guitar as much imho.

regards

I have a mark III and love it....
My suggestion would be the Mark IV.... I'm 38 and in a blues/classic rock type band...
For you, as a mainly home use (for now) amp, the Mark IV will be the best as far as versatility. Excellent cleans, great crunch, and boogie leads. It sounds great at low volumes, and only gets better with higher volumes. For a 1-12 combo, it's loud when you want it to be...
Throw some casters on it, and roll it around.. You'll be quite happy with it... The only amps Mesa has that's close is the LS classic, and the Roadking. These are marvelous, but expensive, even used.. You could probably find a Mark IV for $1000... And you'll LOVE it..... :wink:
ax. 8)

Just tell the family your having a mid-life crisis and only a Roadking and PRS will help you through it! :wink:

Back