Another Masterpiece From GTS!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarius

Reaction score
Just got the new cabinets for my IIC+ from George (gts) a couple of weeks ago, and decided to shoot a few pics today.

The cabinets are really really well-made and the covering and wicker work is practically flawless. George and I worked quite hard to get all the little details just right (well, I'm picky); Mesa leather corners, newer style leather-like handle, casters for the Thiele, etc. He even managed to get a new fan for me, as well as the reverb tank cover and the tube protector-bar in the back.

This tolex (called Bruno Marvelon) had to be special ordered, and I really think it looks absolutely magnificent! Especially along with the wicker grille. The tolex color is really hard to capture, but I tried my best:

DSC_6346.jpg

DSC_6357.jpg

DSC_6361.jpg

DSC_6368.jpg

DSC_6369.jpg

Here's also another thread with more photos of the cabs themselves:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30708

George is really a terrific guy and I strongly recommend him to anyone who's looking into new cabinets for their Boogies!

Aart said:
What does it cost to ship a headshell to europe?

A lot.

Insured shipping to Norway by USPS for the head was approx. $140, I think, and for the Thiele it was somewhere around $170.

tony777 said:
Do you always use a "zero" setting? :lol:

Haha, no they're all actually dialed to 11. You see, since they have no 11 on them, they simply have to be dialed "further" than 10; to 0. Sounds amazing! :lol:

No, the amp is actually down for the moment, and I'm waiting for JVK to get back to me about some repairs and restoration, plus some mods, etc. So the controls have been that way for quite a while.

whats with the big gap between the wicker and the amp? me dont likey :(

Back