• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Roadking Series 2 2x12 Combo Sweet Condition! $2700 OBO

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toceguera

Reaction score
MESA BOOGIE Dual Rectifier Road King Version 2 2x12" Combo

This amp has no issues and is in almost MINT condition, and includes the footswitch, cover, and owners manual. Sweet Deal! Original Price was $3,399.00, once all the taxes and fees were in, and you'd be lucky to get one of these in the store today. There is one blemish which is not even noticeable but I will mention it anyway for those who may care. The tolex on the front has been nudged in one small spot right above the emblem (see photo) resulting in a small area that bunched up a bit. No tearing just bunching. Hard to see even when your right in front of the amp. Full disclosure for those collectors out there. :roll:

Purchased 5/26/09 and so it still has TWO YEARS of fully transferable Mesa factory warranty with the amp.

It was gigged a few times but has always been treated very well and taken excellent care of. The only reason I'm selling is that it really has to much for me and my playing ability. I'm able to use maybe 50% of what this baby is capable of. I also bought some new toys and have to replenish the funds. I know I'll regret it in 10 years when she's worth 4 times as much :cry:

This is Mesa Boogies top of the line amp with Progressive Linkage. This is the ultimate amp that does everything! Really its 4 amps in one! 4 channels with 3 modes each, that's a lot of tone!! Plus the option to use either 6L6's or EL34's on each channel or use both!! You can also choose which channel you want to go to what cabinet (if you have more than one cab). There's also 2 FX loops (1 serial, 1 parallel). All of which is footswitchable by the King Kontroler or another external controller like the Ground Control Pro. There's also a nice solo boost feature with separate volumes which makes for an easy jump into a solo without major shifts in tone!

This Combo has an open back cabinet and is loaded with 2 12" Black Shadow Celestion 70watt speakers. The open back cabinet really treats the cleans well and fills up a space. The Black Shadows have no problem delivering that punch when necessary too!

I'm in Los Angeles CA so shipping would have to be worked out if you're out of the area.

Calls or emails only, no texting at the moment, to Thomas @ 310 345-8483 to come by and check it out. I may be interested in a trade for a nice guitar: I.E. fender Strats or Tele's , Les Paul, or Paul Reed Smith -- hit me up with anything realistic. :D

* Channel 1 is the cleanest channel, with selections like Clean, Tweed, and Fat. Clean is basic Boogie clean, Tweed is hauntingly like a Fender Deluxe and Fat is perfect for Jazz tones.
* Channel 2 picks up where channel 1 leaves off with Clean, Fat and Brit.
* Channel 3 and 4 have the same modes > Raw, Vintage and Modern.
* Channel 4 is the same as channel 3 but with a more scooped out sound on all modes.

5Hb5X65Jb3K43Lc3Hfc4oa68e621165f61260.jpg

5Le5Mc5J53L83Jb3H4c4o057e9b107641101b.jpg

5Lf5Fa5Me3Lb3Mf3Jfc5h48013abc1b161450.jpg

5Lb5G75F53G13N13H8c5hce3a7ba0192d12d4.jpg

@Dom - You're right, Dom, you could buy a new one from an online retailer and get the 5 year warranty for around 3K plus tax and shipping, which will take it up to around 3400.00 or so, depending upon where you live.

The trade off in taking mine is that you know you're getting an amp that has already proven itself and has mildly broken in speakers. The "blem" that I noted is really not noticeable unless you get the camera right up on it and shine the light just right.

I agree with you about the fact that an OBO would be appropriate so I've added that to the title. I guess I thought that people would just make an offer anyway. What I do know is that the RKII Heads are going for 2K - 2.2K around the country on several craig's lists. So to get a combo in great condition for $500 more doesn't seem like a a bad deal to me. $700 saved off new is still $700 in your pocket after all.

Cheers

Back