Another Mark IV with non-working reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurfGreenTele

Reaction score
It's a '92 IV-A...It stopped working when I changed tubes a few months ago. I tried swapping different tubes in and out of all positions, no luck. Tried different reverb cable, cleaned all connections. The old tank had one broken spring that the previous owner removed, so I bought a new Mod tank, still no luck. I took out the chassis, and found that the red wire inside had a broken solder joint where it connects to the gray jack, so I figured that was definitely it - I re-soldered that, still nothing. I cleaned the jacks and pot more thoroughly, re-soldered a few other connections on the jacks, tightened up the contacts on the jacks inside, still no luck. I still get the 'crash' when I turn the knob up and tap on the tank, so it shouldn't be the pot. Tried the ground jumper trick between the white and gray cable. It doesn't 'look' like there are any blown resistors, but I don't have a multimeter handy. Could the reverb transformer be bad?

Latest posts

Back