another heartbreaker post

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieman75

Reaction score
Man o man I am digging the tone I am getting from the heartbreaker lately. I play all kinds of music but my passion is classic rock/blues and I have FINALLY discovered the poweramp vs preamp distortion. Each new day I am discovering new tones with my mesa amp(s). Right now I have it hooked into 2 of the 4X12 V30's in my mesa standard cab. For that "snappy" fenderesque clean tone on channel 1 I am using the lo gain with the preamp about 4-5 with the master cranked and the level 3-4. Running 60 watts and tweed power with tube rectifier. The louder it gets the better it sounds and CLEAN! Even the reverb sounds decent to my ears. You won't find the mids scooped on this baby.

By the way I swapped out the mesa tubes and I am using some russian 6L6's

I see so many possibilities with this amp..it's unreal. I can slam it with my old DS-1 and or TS-9 and that is only on the love channel. Rolling back volume if I want to. I still have yet to mess with the lust but from what I have heard I can get some marshallesque tones from there. I haven't even gigged with it yet!!!

God bless Randall Smith for providing us with such a great amplifier.

Ladies and gentleman... I give you the HEARTBREAKER!!!

Yes it is a great amp, it takes times to understand how to work it but once you got it...it is great...I'm really happy I got the head and the combo...

Do you find the best tones with preamp or poweramp distortion?

I am also thinking of getting an attenuator for my blues jr and just to have one. Does anyone have any that they would suggest?

Thanks

I use THD Hotplate (I have one for each amp I own) which I love; it creates its own, subtle tonal effect.

Back