another bar gig with my f-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliff hetfield

Reaction score
good show but once again, didnt put the amp past 9:30 oclock. its two guitars a bass and drums....(and a singer)
im thinking, are we a "quiet" band? i dont think so. we play heavy stoner garage rock with a loud drummer. everybody's heard at a good level so it doesnt feel quiet in our rehersal studio....who knows, maybe we should just crank the **** way up next time we play and say **** it. :twisted:

axwielding1 said:
I think you're right, turn that sh!t up!!
ax. :twisted:

Ditto, cranck that up.

What kind of music you guys playing by the way?

crank that s#$%! :lol: but seriously, if you guys play well and sound full at that volume why crank it... sure for a show gig, but a bar.... you at least want to be able to get a drink without having to write it down.

David.W said:
Your bassist needs the 400+ to catch up then, hahaha

that thing is a monster and at full whack w/ a propper cab can drown out just about EVERYTHING!

Have fun buying new tubes for it though, especialy if you are one of those suckers who insists on buying Mesa tubes.

no soul said:
David.W said:

that thing is a monster and at full whack w/ a propper cab can drown out just about EVERYTHING!

Have fun buying new tubes for it though, especialy if you are one of those suckers who insists on buying Mesa tubes.

I hope your not talking to me. I dont buy Mesa tubes, Im down with Eurotubes :D

no soul said:
David.W said:

and I dont even play bass....

the sound man will punish you by taking you out of the mix if you turn up that high. Probably better off getting some attenuator for your amp to give you close to that cranked sound. I never cared about the soundman, I would have the guy take me out of the mix and I'd blast that sucker! I agree with the guy that said if you guys sound good as is then why fix what's not broken?

The sound guys always try to get me to turn down my Recto. They always ask, so I'll walk back to my amp, pretend to turn it down some, then ask how it sounds...and every time, they say..."Much better...thanks"...haha 8)

Silverwulf said:
The sound guys always try to get me to turn down my Recto. They always ask, so I'll walk back to my amp, pretend to turn it down some, then ask how it sounds...and every time, they say..."Much better...thanks"...haha 8)

Lol, I had a guitarist in our band that did the same thing.

My bassist has a 400+.

It's great. Last practice i had my F50 at 12:00 on the drive channel and 2:00 on the clean O_O

Latest posts

Back