Andy Timmons Setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medwards1969

Reaction score
I saw a Youtube video the other day, with Andy Timmons running out a Lonestar with a TC effects box in the effects loop, and one of the stereo outputs going instead of back to the amp, to a Stilleto. Is he going to the guitar input of the Stilleto or to an effects return of the Stilletto's effects loop? It seems it would be the latter. Otherwise the Stilletto preamp would be wasted and the STilleto would not have the option of ever working as the primary amp, yes?

This setup is interesting because it illustrates if your two heads both have effects loops, you could set up a system where each head' preamp channels can still be primaries, and het still have a W/D/W setup with either head driving the dry cabinet, yes?

Or am I wrong, and the Stilleto is basically wasted and used as a power amp?

yes, i am not famillar with the TC effects box, but if he is running from there to the stilletos loop the can then run back it. i can't think of why he would want to do this. i would run out out the stiletto to the cab. and by doing this he is bypassing the stillettos preamp. basically having a 6l6 and el34 lonestar. like back in the day when we guitar players had huge racks full of everything the mesa boogie 20/20 was used to power the effects in the loop. you can read about this in the 20/20 oweners manual.

running a 100 watt stilletto into a 100watt LSC seams a little scary to me. i can't see this as the best setup. i would run both amps with a bradshaw. so maybe i'm missing something.

Latest posts

Back