Amount of reverb on Studio 22+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_maker

Reaction score
hi guys,
I recently fitted new mesa tubes (5x 12AX7 & 2x EL84) as well as a "killer" Blue Alnico Celection speaker on my Studio 22+ that I bough used a couple of months ago.
That little devil sounds just awesome, no weird sounds or any trouble at all!
However I am not sure if the normal amount of reverb is the one my amp produces. I mean... You can sure tell the difference from 0 to 10, but no significant difference let's say from 3 to 6 or from 4 to 7.... if you know what i mean. Plus, the total amoun of reverb sounds just not enough compared to other tube amps I've used (like my Seymour Duncan 8440).
Is this all a Studio 22+ gets? How can I check my reverb unit? Mind that the whole length of the reverb box is more or less 9 inches if this makes any sence... I mean..longer springs = more reverb.
Looking forward to having some feedback on this.

PS. you can take a look at the following slideshow

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd259/J_maker/Blue%20Alnico/?albumview=slideshow

J_maker said:
hi guys,
I recently fitted new mesa tubes (5x 12AX7 & 2x EL84) as well as a "killer" Blue Alnico Celection speaker on my Studio 22+ that I bough used a couple of months ago.
That little devil sounds just awesome, no weird sounds or any trouble at all!
However I am not sure if the normal amount of reverb is the one my amp produces. I mean... You can sure tell the difference from 0 to 10, but no significant difference let's say from 3 to 6 or from 4 to 7.... if you know what i mean. Plus, the total amoun of reverb sounds just not enough compared to other tube amps I've used (like my Seymour Duncan 8440).
Is this all a Studio 22+ gets? How can I check my reverb unit? Mind that the whole length of the reverb box is more or less 9 inches if this makes any sence... I mean..longer springs = more reverb.
Looking forward to having some feedback on this.

PS. you can take a look at the following slideshow

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd259/J_maker/Blue%20Alnico/?albumview=slideshow

Hi J_Maker,

That looks like the proper reverb tank. I've had a few Studio 22+'s over the years, and like the few Mark series amps I've owned, the reverb doesn't go that Fender-y level of deep-soaked reverb, like many other amps do. It's the nature of the circuit design, I would imagine. Your description of how it sounds, seems completely normal in my opinion. Still, a very nice sounding 'verb, though. : )

thank you so much LesPaul666 for your reply!
I guess all is ok then and I will just go on enjoying a great amp :D

rock on bro.

Latest posts

Back