Am I Missing Tubes Here??? [HELP!!!!!!]

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.O.A.

Reaction score
Okay, so i was going to pull some tubes from my triple rec to lower the wattage when i noticed in the manual that there are suppose to be

3 rectifier tubes
6 6L6 tubes
5 12AX7 tubes

am i retarded or are there no 12AX7 tubes in here.

100_2777.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2774.jpg

100_2773.jpg

100_2772.jpg

WTF??

See those small metal cylinders, behind the powertubes? Those are preamp tube covers. They are spring loaded, and if you twist them slightly, they will spring free, revealing the preamp tubes.

You wouldn't need to remove any preamp tubes to reduce wattage in your power section, however.

I don't own a TRec, so I'm not sure which powertubes you'd want to pull to lower wattage, could another forum member chime in to help the OP out?

okay thats what somebody else said too. i know which ones to remove. i'm kinda a tube newb so sorry for my ignorance. thanks for the help though.

No worries...we all gotta start somewhere man. You're on the right track with using the owners manual for help, it has some great info for tube help and for dialing in tones.

Welcome to the board :D

Hey, I just bought this really bad Shelby Mustang, 500 HP! But I was wondering, could I remove a couple of spark plug wires to reduce the horsepower? :roll:

jbird said:
Hey, I just bought this really bad Shelby Mustang, 500 HP! But I was wondering, could I remove a couple of spark plug wires to reduce the horsepower? :roll:

haha, great analogy...good stuff man

-AJH

im not going to go into detail, but the triple rec tube pulling business is a tricky thing, not so easy as youd think, youll need knowledge of ohms and resistance to do it correctly, and since you cant spot your own pre amp tubes, i think you should stay away from this at all costs...

Back