Alternative ways to amp channel switch???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveda

Reaction score
Hello. I have a question and I apologize in advance if this has been beaten to death. My question is that I am looking for a solution to change an effects unit (Haven't purchased one yet) as well as my amp channels. I have heard about the Ground control unit, but what exactly would I need? Any recommendations on a rack effects unit? Also, what price tag is all this stuff? Currently I just have a delay, but I would like more, and quite frankly, I would like to have an "all in one" pedal of sorts. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I have heard a ton about TC Electroncis for processor, what esle is available that would work good for my Dual rec? I am planning on having the effects loop mod done if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for your help and input.

Steve.

It's a fairly wide area to cover so it all depends on what you want and how much you are looking to spend. For example, you could use a ground control pro to midi control an fx processor. You would be able to save presets and create a virtual pedalboard on the ground control pro, where instant access switches 1-8 can be assigned to control individual fx in the rack processor. If you get a DMC gcx switcher, you could do the same thing and switch your amp channels/functions and have some loops for later use.

If you want to control only a rack fx unit and your channel switching, I think the behringer foot controller will allow you to do it because it has relays that will also switch amp channels.

mJ

I use a TC G-Major for effects with my 3 Ch Triple, but not for switching - I use an Axess Electronics CFX-4 for that, so I have channel and solo switching. I use a Ground Control (the original one) as a midi pedal.

If you're looking to use pedals with your amp, then Ground Control Pro/GCX combo is probably the most economical bet...

CFX4 to switch channels and a FX1 as a midi controller. Both from Axess Electronics.

Back