Alter Bridge tones and a Dual,not triple rec.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Anybody found goos settings for this tone with a 3 channel

which modes and rectification and cabinet used

cheers
E

I use Channel 3 vintage for my AB tones....tube rectifier.....I prefer the traditional cab, but an oversized does it too.

Hey Ibanez4life, did your band win battle of the bands?
Did you ever get your Traditional slant cab?
What do you use for the "Open Your Eyes" tone? Channel 3 modern or vintage? Bold or spongy? Diode or recto tracking?

Yeah actually....we made it into the finals (top 5 of 40), and are playing a televised show at a really well known local venue. It's exciting :wink:

Yeah, I finally got the cab too...it kicks major ***! Love it....can't wait to be running my mark IV into it either :D

For open your eyes, I use channel 2 vintage, bold, and tube rectifier. It's my main overdrive tone at the moment.

Sounds great! You got the slant cab right?

By the way, is Tube Rectifier the same as Recto Tracking?

Do you think the Mark IV can pull off AB tones?

Im sure what recto tracking does is selects a certain rectifier to suit your tube settings,so it will call up a diode if you have got all the tone bottles on at once for example

as you know its on the RK's not the normal rectifiers

^That's about right....

I switches between tube and SS rectification depending on your settings....the only thing that I don't like about the RK and RS is that in 100 watt mode, I think it automatically goes to SS rectification :( Could be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

And yes, I got the slant.

As for the Mark IV, it is by far the most versatile amp I have EVER played. I think it can do the rectifier tone better than a rectifier. It's just a much more practical guitar amp, which much better matched frequencies to the guitar. After having the rectifier for a year and struggling with it, I just find it too muddy. The Mark IV is perfect though!

No, there is no switch that enables/disables recto tracking, it is a function of the amp enabling the user to assign each channel to either tube rectification or solid state rectification.

Correct me if im wrong, but I see channel 2 and 3 on his Triple Rectifier both set to MODERN mode?

They probably are...but remember that there is alot more to his rig than simply the amp....with the rectifier alone, I don't like modern mode at all.

Did you know that he doesn't always use the Bogner Uber? Ive seen another Triple Rectifier in the Uber space.

Wow - 4X12s, 2x15s and twins behind him, 2 2x15s in front of him and only one little vocal monitor! Does he do any singing?

Maury said:
Wow - 4X12s, 2x15s and twins behind him, 2 2x15s in front of him and only one little vocal monitor! Does he do any singing?

Only in 1 song in the Alter Bridge album.

Maury said:

I heard a clip of him singing sweet child of mine and in that brief clip he sounded like he could front a band on his own.....

...but that means he couldn't shred as much.

Have you heard Tremonti sing "Enter the Sandman"? Look for it in youtube. He does it very very well.

I wasn't doubtiing his abilities ... it just struck me as odd that he'd have so many guitar monitors and one lowly vocal monitor.

Latest posts

Back