Allman's Fillmore tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticguitar

Reaction score
I have a brand new LSS with a 4X10 classic cabinet and a slew of ts9, 808,blues driver,bluesbreaker etc etc pedals.. I play a 2003 r9 and a 2005 r8 les paul's but I can't seem to hit that tone ,gladly I can get the notes any suggestions ??? I am some what confused I can get great sustain but then the chords sound lousy... I am open to all suggestions guitar, pedal and amp settings .. I am sure that someone out there has knocked this one deep ,Please help me Thanks John

I would suggest using just the amp overdrive. Back during the Filmore days, not a lot of pedals were used...maybe a fuzz face...but I'm not even sure there were "overdrives" in widespread use. If my memory serves, on stage, Allman used Marshall or Orange amps, and in the studio, he, like so many, used small amps like Fender Deluxe, Kalamazoo, etc.

Try the natural amp overdrive. You may be pleasantly surprised.

RB

Try on the LSS Channel 2 the following:

Drive - 12:00
Gain - 2:00
Treble - 2:00 ish
Mid - 10:30 ish
Bass - 9:30 ish
Presence - 11:00 ish

"Thickest" Setting

Your mileage may vary :D

I'll tell you what will help. I put a set of WCR Fillmore PUP's in my 2003 R7. You truely can get the Allman tone out of them. Those stock Burstbuckers just seem dead to me.

brianf

Thanks for the help guy's I just used the recommended settings and with very minor tweaking I was there , just played along with both sides of the album and I am a happy fellow... I am going to give the pickups a whirl they seem to be a home run.. Again many thanks I have been playing guitar for 40 years but I am definately technologically challenged you saved me hours fiddling , no pun intended

Latest posts

Back