Aggro Rhythm?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyboy

Reaction score
In the Mesa DR Manual there is a setting called
Aggro Rhythm. Ch 3, Raw Mode, Gain up to 3(oclock), Mids 10, bass/treb around 1 or so, presence 1.

Just curious what bands/genre would use this
type of tone?? Help an old rocker out.:D

I actually kind of dig it. Inspires me to play in ways and
things I wouldn't normally do with my usual tones. Kind of neat
how a new tone can do that.

Anyhow just curious.

-dave

What does it say to put the volume at? That seems like a pretty neat tone, I'm gonna try it on my RK

I find that a lot of the tones in the Mesa manuals only sound good if you crank the **** out of the amp. Which makes sense.. the amp techs probably sit around with the amp blaring and start twiddling dials til they find something cool :lol:

If only they realized that not everyone can play at 140dB all the time

mrd said:
What does it say to put the volume at? That seems like a pretty neat tone, I'm gonna try it on my RK

I find that a lot of the tones in the Mesa manuals only sound good if you crank the sh!t out of the amp. Which makes sense.. the amp techs probably sit around with the amp blaring and start twiddling dials til they find something cool :lol:

If only they realized that not everyone can play at 140dB all the time

mrd:

Give it a shot mang.

Channel master was shown at 11oclock. So yeah pretty loud aye?
And yes does sound better when crankin.

I know people diss the "presets" but I've had pretty good luck with them.
In fact I've got more "he** yeahs" when rockkin the 3 "instant gratification" settings than anything else! Shows ya how much I know!! tee hee.

It's funny how I'm continually reminded what sounds good on its own
may be junk with the band. Kudos to Randall Smith for pennning a
sweet manual.

-dave

daveyboy said:
Aggro Rhythm. Ch 3, Raw Mode, Gain up to 3(oclock), Mids 10, bass/treb around 1 or so, presence 1.

Anyhow just curious.

-dave

funny you mention it because i just tried that setting about an hour ago.... reminds me of master of puppets era metallica.... its a very dry (not saturated) thick crunch..... i jammed on it for a good 2 hours.... it may not be everyone's cup of tea but i really liked it.... one thing thats been mentioned, it sounds like *** at low levels but once you start pushing the output it fires up into a very aggressive rhythm crunch

jdurso:

yep the volume is key.

And good call on the "dry" description.
Like ya said not everyones cup of tea
but I dig it as well.

-dave

jdurso said:
daveyboy said:

Anyhow just curious.

-dave

funny you mention it because i just tried that setting about an hour ago.... reminds me of master of puppets era metallica.... its a very dry (not saturated) thick crunch..... i jammed on it for a good 2 hours.... it may not be everyone's cup of tea but i really liked it.... one thing thats been mentioned, it sounds like *** at low levels but once you start pushing the output it fires up into a very aggressive rhythm crunch

daveyboy said:
jdurso:

yep the volume is key.

And good call on the "dry" description.
Like ya said not everyones cup of tea
but I dig it as well.

-dave

jdurso said:
daveyboy said:

Anyhow just curious.

-dave

its definitely one of my favorite settings from mesa...... now i almost wish i had a 5 channel amp because the roadster can do some many things well... i wish i had this amp when my band was still together .... i wouldnt have needed a 2nd amp to do what my recto couldnt

"its definitely one of my favorite settings from mesa...... now i almost wish i had a 5 channel amp because the roadster can do some many things well... i wish i had this amp when my band was still together .... i wouldnt have needed a 2nd amp to do what my recto couldnt."

jdurso:

Cool!!! More inspiration to get a band rolling again!!

I'm trying to solidify some settings as we will be playing
some jam/open mic nites in the next few weeks. It will be
interesting to see how our sound translates from a cramped
rehearsal space to a more open stage/room. Havent played out
in awhile, or with my Mesa and it's stressing me out. :?

-dave

Back