Affordable speaker cab options for Road King 1?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyNonsense

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with my Road King tone for a while now, it is a great amp but lacking in mids, I have a lot of trouble cutting through when playing with a guitarist who uses a Marshall.

However I think maybe the problem is my cabinet - I am using a Marshall cab with GT75's in it. Maybe moving to a cab with V30's in it would give me the mid boost I need.

I would love to get a Mesa cab, however here in the UK they are ridiculously expensive - they cost £1k new.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper cab which would be well matched to a Road King/Rectifier?

If I were you, I would consider putting 2 v30's in your cabinet in an x pattern. so you will have 2 v30's and 2 g12t75's. I think that would add the cut you need without over doing it. You would retain the punchy bass of the g12t75's. Just make sure you get the correct ohm rating. I think you would want 16 ohm with that cabinet.

I agree, and when you MIC the cab MIC one of the V30's.

firmani99 said:
If I were you, I would consider putting 2 v30's in your cabinet in an x pattern. so you will have 2 v30's and 2 g12t75's. I think that would add the cut you need without over doing it. You would retain the punchy bass of the g12t75's. Just make sure you get the correct ohm rating. I think you would want 16 ohm with that cabinet.

Latest posts

Back