Advice please : Y-cables for switching Mark IV from G-System

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When getting a Y-connector cable (stereo->2-mono) for amp switching a Mark IV from a G-System is there anything to consider with regards to quality of cable and cable length ? ie. will the switching be more reliable with better cable and shorter cable length, or does it make no difference ?

If anyone here is using Y-cables for switching here in the UK can you advise me where you picked them up ?

Thanks,

Steve

Not sure where to get them in the UK, but sounds like you need a Hosa STP-204.
Here's a link to their catalog. Section 1, page 25. Good luck!

http://www.hosatech.com/pdf/HOSA_08_Retail_Catalog.pdf

One useful trick is that instead of using one of your switchers for RHY1, you can just put a shorted jack in that socket. It will go back to RHY1 when all the other channel relays are open.

That way, you can control the 3 channels with 2 relays.

I don't use RHY2, so I use 1 relay to switch between RHY1 and LEAD, and 1 relay to turn EQ on/off.

Hey brother, I have been using the Rockman Midi Octopus to do my Mark IV's switching for years and it will do ALL 6 possible switches on the Mark IV, so you can have all the control. Not just channel switching, but also Simul/ClassA, EQ, Loop. It is all midi from the G System. This way I have more tonal possibilities :)

Good luck with your set-up!

there were two lenghths 1.5 or 3 meters only depends on how far apart you stuff is

Latest posts

Back