Advice on amp stand for my Lonestar Combo!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarius

Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting an amp stand for my LSC 1x12" combo, as I'm starting to like the thought of elevating it a bit from the floor and for hearing myself better. So far, I've been looking at these three:

- On-Stage RS7000
- On-Stage RS7705

And a more recent interesting discovery;

- Ampendage Amp Stand

Regarding the On-Stages, I think the RS7000 will be a better choice, as the RS7705 only can take 90 lbs, while the RS7000s capacity is at 150 lbs. Though, I'm not really sure I'd like THAT much of a tilt. I'd really prefer having it almost straight, I think, if it's that high up from the ground. It doesn't have to blast right into my ear. But some tilt would be nice. The Ampendage stand looks really nice. It isn't collapsable, but I can hardly think of why that would be a problem to and from gigs, honestly. It seems very well thought out in general too, and weight or balance wouldn't be an issue in that case.

Does anyone here have any experience with amp stands for their Lonestars, or amp stands in general? I'd gladly listen to any advice or thoughts!! :D

I use an RS7000 when I'm playing with just the combo and leaving the ext cab at home.
It's perfect.
The 7705 has that funky adjustment/tilt knob that can be an issue with heavier amps.
I've never seen anyone with the ampendage stand, and never heard of it, but it looks bulky and would definately take up too much space in my jigsaw puzzle of a load.

I posted about using a stand with my Lone Star Special several months ago. It should be in the archives if you run a search. Anyway - I have an RS 7000 - and it made a world of positive difference in sound and the ability to have the controls very handy for tweaking. It's plenty stable.

However - I probably would have bought the other RS had I know about it (with angle adjustment. The reason is that I would like to put my Mk IV w/Thiele on a stand - and that just doesn't work with an angle.

Dave

Telemaster said:
I use an RS7000 when I'm playing with just the combo and leaving the ext cab at home.
It's perfect.
The 7705 has that funky adjustment/tilt knob that can be an issue with heavier amps.
I've never seen anyone with the ampendage stand, and never heard of it, but it looks bulky and would definately take up too much space in my jigsaw puzzle of a load.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone with the Ampendage either. Apparently it isn't that well known. It does look a bit bulky, but it only weighs about 3 lbs. Space wise, I don't think it would cause any issues for me.

The thing about the RS7000 that some people complain about is that it has too much tilt at that height. I think I'd like my amp a bit lower if tilted at such an angle. A criteria which the Ampendage seems to fulfill perfectly...

Rockin_Ron said:
Does the amp sound better on the stand? Don't you loose some bass response?

Another reason why I'm leaning towards the Ampendage stand. Seems that with the metal-tube stands that you do lose some low-end response. While the Ampendage seems to remedy this issue, since it's a pretty full, thick construction. Plus it looks very good. :D

Don't really know. More opinions or thoughts are welcome! :lol:

I've never noticed any loss of low end while on the stand. And the angle seems just right for me. One positive thing of using the stand is that it raises and directs the throw of the speakers where I can hear the amp better, therefore I can monitor the volume much better.

I noticed one night, while using a wireless system and walking out into the audience, that my amp is louder 15-20 feet out than it seems to be while I'm standing 3-4 feet in front of it. I never percieved that with the throw at knee level going straight out. So I've tried to remember that since that night and not crank it up too much. The amp stand helps with that a lot. But so does having the mini stack and raising the signal up where I can hear it better.
I used to put the combo cab on top of the road case just to raise it up to ear level, which also helped.

The appendage is only a foot off the ground. Not of any use to me as I need mine a bit higher.

I use the Stageline AS7, best amp stand I have ever used. It's the perfect height for my needs too.

http://www.musicstandsalone.com/product/MA-AS7

I need to hear my amp as I use it for a monitor onstage, so I need to have it close as I can to my ears.

I have both the R7000 and the stageamp model that the prior poster mentioned. I find that particular stand to be somewhat unstable and a little difficult to find the balance point with a heavier amp, especially with its swivel angle adjustment. The R7000 on the other hand works really well. I have used it with combos and with head/cabs.

babow2 said:
I have both the R7000 and the stageamp model that the prior poster mentioned. I find that particular stand to be somewhat unstable and a little difficult to find the balance point with a heavier amp, especially with its swivel angle adjustment. The R7000 on the other hand works really well. I have used it with combos and with head/cabs.

I use my AS7 with my Mesa Boogie 2x12 50/ 100 watt and I have no problems at all.

I tried the others, but was unimpressed because I never could get the amp to sit in the holder right. But this one has longer holders for underneath the amp, which is great if you have a large combo amp like I have.

I ended up ordering the Ampendage stand. I just got it today, and it turned out to be exactly what I felt I needed. :D

photo.jpg

I leave the front casters on and pop the back ones off. It won't point the thing right at your head, but it does improve your ability to hear it quite a bit provided you're not stuck standing right in front of the amp.

Octavarius said:
I ended up ordering the Ampendage stand. I just got it today, and it turned out to be exactly what I felt I needed. :D

Oh wow, I love that! it's like a HiFi speaker stand...

Ok, now it looks like a studio portrait photo shot. The kind you drool over while convincing yourself to buy what's in the picture.

I use the RS 7000 a lot. I like the tilt back, I can hear it better. I pretty much use my amp as a monitor and mic it and run it thru a bose. I will never play without a stand again. I don't have the LSS anymore though, I traded it for a Rivera Venus 3. I use a Rivera Venus 6 on stage w/the 17 watt option.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I"m searching for an amp stand for my LSS. I tried the Standback Amp Stand, but it doesn't work well with coasters.

The ampendage doesn't look great for Live settings...

Here's what I"m looking at:
http://www.musicstandsalone.com/product/MA-AS7
http://www.onstagestands.com/specsheets/Rack,%20Amp%20and%20Mixer%20Stands/RS7705_List.pdf
http://www.onstagestands.com/specsheets/Rack,%20Amp%20and%20Mixer%20Stands/RS7000_List.pdf

Any other suggestions would be great!

Here's what I use for my LSS:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AMP150/

If folds down to almost nothing, and it's got a built in mic boom!!! Very cool and practical. I use the amp tilted up so I can hear me, but we try to keep the stage volume down to a reasonable level and use the PA to push the house. I have a goose neck that I have attached to the built in mic boom, so I set the amp up on the stand, pop in my SM57, connect to the PA and I'm ready to go.

thanks axeman53

Is that stand stable enough? I'm concerned about it laying against one pole in the back. Does it want to wobble?

mommysboy said:
thanks axeman53

Is that stand stable enough? I'm concerned about it laying against one pole in the back. Does it want to wobble?

Turns out that the casters on the LSS are just perfectly spaced so you can get it to lay stable. I haven't had any trouble with the amp wobbling off it at all.

Latest posts

Back