Advice For A Confused Left-Handed Guitar Player

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrake

Reaction score
well, this weekend i've been tracking guitars at a professional studio and we had problems all weekend with my guitar. i have a '95 les paul standard left-handed. it's been my guitar for over 10 years and basically the only guitar since. it's been through alot and spent alot of money on it.

well, i've been noticing some dead frets and stuff, even after an intonation. but because i'm left-handed there aren't many options for me. i'm considering gettting a new guitar, but for my style of music (modern alt rock) i cannot find one that would fit.

PRS used to make left-handed guitars but it's been discontinued, and the ones available are very expensive! i don't want to get another gibson. i've looked into schecters but heard that the pots and electronics are not well made.

can anyone make any suggestions as to what should i do. should i get a schetcher? can they stand up to the higher end models like gibson and PRS? thanks!!!

if you buy a shecter you can change the pots and electronics and have a quality guitar for less than the cost of a new gibson. the c-1 classic i had was great. it was the best korean guitar ive seen/heard. and the pots were only a problem when playing with them so if your not moving them they are not really a problem

You may want to check out Carvin as well.Most of their models are offered as leftys for no additional cost.BTW,i feel your pain for I am a lefty myself.......

Step 1: Buy a normal Strat.
Step 2: Flip upside down.
Step 3: Mount new strap peg.
Step 4: Re-String like normal.
Step 5: Rock.

It worked for Jimi.

Why don't you just get your frets crowned and polished? if that doesn't work, get a fretjob. either option is cheaper than getting another $2000 paul.

Latest posts

Back