Adding casters to Recto 2x12. How difficult? Which size?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darden

Reaction score
I've looked at the Boogie site, not much info. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Not that hard actually. I did mine like a year ago, just take your time and think about what you're doing and measure up properly. Get the same (removable) castors that are used on the 4x12 Rectifier Cabinets. From memory, you'll need 2 pieces of wood (I think about 2cm thick x 4cm wide x 10cm long - guessing here, it was a long time ago!) to sit on the inside (can't remember if it's the front or back) directly under where the screws of the castors are to go. This is to supply extra thickness for the screws, the other side had enough depth for the screws. You must glue the pieces of wood in with liquid nails or something like that and leave overnight to harden into place. Just put the castors inside of the rubber feet (like an 2 or so cm's). The 2 x 12 is so much easier to cart around now because I can role it (obviously!!!)..... Hope this helps.. Also, I dont think I un-soldered the wires from memory, there was just enough slack with the wires to insert the peices of wood inside into place.

Back