ADDING AN ACOUSTIC CABINET TO MY STANDARD LSS SPEAKER SETUP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippdogs

Reaction score
I use a 2x12 custom open back cabinet with my LSS head. It has a celestion vintage 30 and a Celestion G12H-30. Great combination for my cpThornton Fusion (strat). However the group I'm currently playing with does a lot of covers that require an acoustic guitar (kind of a blues/rockabilly sound). I use an Anderson Crowdster but with the 2x12 cab I was always getting a muted sound at best. My solution was to add a Rivera Sedona 1x12ex cabinet, which is their acoustic extension cabinet with heavy duty tweeter and JBL 12. I ran an addition speaker line out from my LSS to the Rivera with an on/off floor switch, so that when I'm playing my Crowdster (piezo acoustic) I'm using the custom cabinet and the Rivera at the same time. When I switch back to my Fusion, I simply turn the Rivera off and rock'n'roll.

Well, now that you mention it, I'm using a Parker piezo equipped guit to a marshall acoustic amp as well to my LSC. It really gives a new meaning to clean. :)

Latest posts

Back