Acoustic Simulators

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a decent acoustic simulator pedal? So far I have only seen the Boss and Behringer. I play out of a Roadster head and my guitars have EMG & Doug Aldrich pickups.

Thanks

Ive got one the Boss AC3's and it sounds pretty gold when set to the "jumbo" setting. Just dont use these pedal with active pickups as the signal distorts fairly easily... Id probably choose the Boss over the Behringer as it as more settings and sounds more realistic...

parabola said:
Ive got one the Boss AC3's and it sounds pretty gold when set to the "jumbo" setting. Just dont use these pedal with active pickups as the signal distorts fairly easily..
I have one too and it does sound pretty good. do you know if it's meant to be in front of the amp or efx loop?

I have a patch on my Boss GT-10 for acoustic sim and it sounds pretty decent. I'm sure it's based off the Boss pedal. It is placed before my amps input along with a little compression and an EQ in the amps loop. With the pedal and using your GEQ you could probably get some convincing acoustic guitar tones for a live show. Beats dragging yet another guitar to a gig. If you play in a Alternative acoustic rock or Americana type band then you would want the real thing.

Latest posts

Back