Ace problem when loop is engaged??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
My Ace started to sizzle/fart to today when using the loop with my Visual Sounds H2O. It only happens when I turn up the Master volume past 9:00. The output level doesnt cause this problem. I can keep the master vol low and crank the output but if this is done is reverse it makes some aweful popping and cracking.

I tried other effects in the loop and the same thing happens. If I set it to true bypass there isn't any problems. I suspect it is a pre-amp tube that runs the loop. Is this correct and if so which one and how the heck do you get an adult sized hand in there :?

Thanks, I am a bit sad because this amp is so new :evil:

Hey,

I would check the 4th preamp tube first, that is the tube for the FX loop, it is right behind the rectifier, one away from the transformer. That would be a good place to start since it doesn't happen when this feature is bypassed. It sucks that the amp is new but preamp tubes can go at any time for no reason, it happens... could have shipped cracked?

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back