Ace on the way...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsmith

Reaction score
We were out near my local GC and of course I had to stop in just to check it out. Anyhow my wife knew I was gassing for the Ace and ended up ordering it for me for Christmas!

I was expecting a couple of month wait, but apparently there was another store that had the head in stock! It's being shipped to my house and should be here by weeks end!

I can't wait.

I originally thought I wanted the combo but decided on the head. I have an Avatar 2x12 with an H30 and H60 that is supposed to be here tomorrow. I originally ordered the cab for another amp that just showed up last week but is now out on the 'Bay. The Ace will make that one redundant...

eliot323 said:
+ 1

It is a gorgeous amp - even better if you re-tube...

What did you end up re-tubing with and why? With all of the reviews so far, I wouldn't have thought a re-tube was necessary, but hey, I'm open to suggestions.

thanks,
fred

fsmith said:
eliot323 said:
+ 1

What did you end up re-tubing with and why? With all of the reviews so far, I wouldn't have thought a re-tube was necessary, but hey, I'm open to suggestions.

thanks,
fred

Even if you plan on retubing, give the stock ones a few weeks.. I think they're perfect as they are.

Platypus said:
fsmith said:
eliot323 said:
+ 1

thanks,
fred

Even if you plan on retubing, give the stock ones a few weeks.. I think they're perfect as they are.

Good suggestion as all the R&D that went into the amp was done with Mesa tubes . Something to consider

Platypus said:
fsmith said:
eliot323 said:
+ 1

thanks,
fred

A retube for my Ace head was awesome. Best retube I ever did. warmed up and thickened the sound and overall feel. I put a tungsol reissue in v1 and v2, and jjecc83s in the rest of the slots. winged =c= el34s for power. my next retube is gonna be with jjkt77s

Back