Ace hum issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinskin57

Reaction score
just received my 2x12 ace combo and am diggin' it. one thing i noticed though is that it makes a low volume humming noise when i take it out of standby. this hum stays the same volume if the amp is on 1, or 10. certainly no worse volume-wise than what you'd get with a single coil pickup, might even be quieter. it really just sounds like current going through the amp. kind of like what you hear coming from an electrical box, though not as loud obviously. if my lonestar special did this too, i probably wouldn't bother asking, but.

maybe because the ace is higher powered than the lss?
power tubes starting to fail?

anyone? ...anyone?

Those are the alien transmissions.

Pretty normal.

.....kidding

Have you tried changing cables? are you close to sources that can cause noise? Dirty power in your place?

Rocky said:
Those are the alien transmissions.

Pretty normal. ...
abduct.gif

house power is clean. quality cables. actually, it doesn't matter if something is plugged into the amp or not. the hum remains. are you saying that alien transmissions are "pretty normal", or the hum?

I had a similar problem with a Fender Blues Junior, it was not a problem at gigs but when we recorded with it the engineer put compression on the sound which made it a real problem.

The hum got alot quieter (almost completely gone) when I changed the valves so I reckon one of those may have been the source of the problem.

ML

keep away from your house's main AC , and main switcher board.

also check your preamp tube.. sometimes hums are from bad preamp tubes.

Latest posts

Back