About to get RKII, many Issues?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lennyx

Reaction score
hey, I hear alot aboutt he poping and dont know if there are other issues, what are the odds of these? this turns me off thou I want the RK

I had a brand new out of the box Dual Rec and I have a brand new out of the box custom order RKII (three weeks old). Both had/have the same popping during channel switching the first few times you switch.

I don't consider it an issue. My SWR Bass 750 makes all kinds of crazy noises (normal operation when powering on and off due to the lack of relays for certain functions), just because the designer thought it sounded better than it did with the added components. I am sure Mesa is working along those same lines of thought.

With my experience with dual rec designs, I would think it was broken if it didn't pop....

I have a new RKII head that pops a little. At times the pop is loud, but I have been trying stepping on channel 3 first. That seems to keep the popping noise low enough to where I don't care.

I have had my RKII head now for a few months and it only pops the first time i cycle through the channels, after i cycle through once it does not ever pop. My triple rec, and my single rec were this way also. Im pretty sure it is normal.

OMG :shock: ! ("I would think it's broken if it did'nt pop"!), ("Popping noise low enough where I don't care"!), ("I'm pretty sure it is normal"!) :!: :?: :idea:

Everytime I plug in before i start shredding i cycle through all my pedals once and every channel on my amp to make sure everything is a go. I usually do this in standbye while the tubes are warming up, then i turn my amp on and im good to go, when i do this i never ever have the pop. The first time i cycle through the channels sometimes it gives me a little pop and sometimes it doesnt. But after i cycle throught them once i never have the pop. I dont know what causes it, but it definitely is not that big of a problem. My triple rec was the worse out of the three mesa boogies i have had for the popping and it wasnt noticeable. But each amp is different you may buy a triple rec that never pops.

Well then I guess either I'm a prodigy, or a really smart 18-yr old because I have been able to figure the RKII out seamlessly. It's all pretty self-explanatory, and when you know about amplifiers and their parts, it's just that much easier. People are intimidated by the RKII; don't be! The only thing to be intimidated by is the multiple cab situation: just make sure your OHMs match!!

I never understand why people say it is so hard, actually very easy. now do you need all those options are another story. i ended up getting rid of my Roadking because i never used the EL34's or the progressive linkage. However I did love having two loops assignable and being able to use series.

kingster911 said:
Well then I guess either I'm a prodigy, or a really smart 18-yr old because I have been able to figure the RKII out seamlessly. It's all pretty self-explanatory, and when you know about amplifiers and their parts, it's just that much easier. People are intimidated by the RKII; don't be! The only thing to be intimidated by is the multiple cab situation: just make sure your OHMs match!!

speaking of two loops assigned; how is that an advantage? explain its uses for me?

Back