A tip I haven't seen mentioned yet but really works.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkIVwidebody

Reaction score
Turn the solo knob all of the way down. Then when playing channel 3, turn the solo knob on the foot pedal. You get a slight tone improvement. If you don't think so, leave it on and play for awhile. Turn it off and see. I have to leave mine on now cuz it sounds better.

MarkIVwidebody said:
103 views but no replies? You have to try it and not blow it off as stupid.
You know, even if you are paranoid, it doesn't mean we're not all still out to get you. :lol:

MarkIVwidebody said:
Turn the solo knob all of the way down. Then when playing channel 3, turn the solo knob on the foot pedal. You get a slight tone improvement. If you don't think so, leave it on and play for awhile. Turn it off and see. I have to leave mine on now cuz it sounds better.

I suppose you propose this solution for those who have fx in the loop?
Cause disabling the FX loop will bypass the entire Solo/Output/FX loop circuitry, and consequently improve transparency between pre and power section.

No, No fx in the loop. There is a solo knob on the head that turns clockwise. This controls how much your solo is boosted by the further you turn it up. Then to activate the solo boost, there is a solo switch on the foot pedal-for those who don't know. Just step on solo with the knob turned on the head all of the way down. A slight change in tone.

nicoroy123 said:
I suppose you propose this solution for those who have fx in the loop?
Cause disabling the FX loop will bypass the entire Solo/Output/FX loop circuitry, and consequently improve transparency between pre and power section.

Well... er, yeah, because it wouldn't do anything if you had the loop bypassed.

MarkIVwidebody said:

What your hearing is added presence as the solo knob not only acts as a seperate output knob but also adds some presence. I actually use the solo knob for my clean tones on my Roadster as it adds the right amount of sparkle to the cleans.

Latest posts

Back