A red Mark V?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andretoscano

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

An opportunity presented itself for purchase of a very good A1 condition Mark V head for a very interesting price.

The only thing is... this Mark V seems to be red, as you can see below.

Could someone please tell me if I'm looking at the real deal? Or is it some user-painted version of a Mark V?

Thanks!

markv1.jpg

markv2.jpg

markv3.jpg

That looks like the red vinyl "Bronco" that Mesa custom makes..... But it could be an after market cab?? Are the corner covers leather or plastic?? Mesa uses leather, so if they're plastic then it's probably an after market cab, if it's leather then it's probably actually a mesa head-cab.

It's definitely not a painted "black" one, the black tolex is smoother than that (like a fake leather).

Either way, it looks pretty cool to me..... and red amps usually sound better ;)

jb's 52 said:
Did ya get it?

Not sure yet...
Going there this Saturday to give it a test drive.
It's about a 200 mile drive from where I live, so I'll have to leave it for the weekend.
The longest couple of days I had to endure for the past two years!!!!! :D

But I'll report back when/if I get it.

Cheers!

Ah.... The Brad Gillis ( http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artist/art_gall.php?id=283 ) model. Very nice. I would definitely order a matching 4x12 or 2x12 cab to go with that. I heard the red ones have more sustain (joke). I thought about ordering a custom color when I bought mine. But when I went to the Boogie store to make my final pick as I was caught between the Royal Atlantic head and 4x12 cab and the Mark V. I was too anxious to wait for ordering. So I got the Mark V in Black and two 2x12 vertical cabs. That's kinda like a 4x12 but much easier to deal with at small jobs, I just take one cab, smaller foot print but still lots of tone.

I do have a Boogie F-30, it's red. (lots of sustain LOL) At gigs when I take the F-30 I get lots of "Wow, never seen a red Boogie".

Good luck, hope you get it.

Well... I've bought it!
What a great and glorious Saturday it was!
Nice drive throughout the Portuguese coast down south, sunny all around, gave a thourough test drive to the Mark V, everything was working perfectly and the amp was in mint condition. Not a scratch in sight!

Bought it for less than the price of a new Mark V:25!
The owner had his mind set in some Fractal Audio device, so he wanted to make the sale as quickly as possible.

I have a few questions and remarks, so I will post a couple more topics here at the forum.

Anyway, here is the Mark V in its new happy home:

boogie1.JPG

boogie2.JPG

boogie3.JPG

Congratulations! Make sure the amp is plugged into a speaker before it is turned on, or you could damage it. I raise this only because I see the amp turned on in the pictures, but I don't see a speaker cabinet. Good luck.

John BNY said:
Congratulations! Make sure the amp is plugged into a speaker before it is turned on, or you could damage it. I raise this only because I see the amp turned on in the pictures, but I don't see a speaker cabinet. Good luck.

Actually, the amp is plugged into a 2x12" cabinet, just not in sight.
It's easier for me to control the amp this way for more immediate changes.

But you've answered a question that I posted in a different topic just now.
So it's better to always have a load connected to the amp. I'll make a note of that.

Thanks!

Ok. The correct word is "Always" have the amp plugged into a speaker before you take it off of "Stand By". I always plug in the speaker before I plug in anything else, even before the power. Most important, the amp needs a load (Speaker).

READ THE MANUAL. You will get a better understanding of how it works and how to get the amp to do what you want. Explanation of speaker loads, how the treble mid and bass work. Lots of information that is specific to the Mark V. Dialing in tones is learned. Many things don't work like they do on other amps.

Ask questions on the forum and your local Boogie dealer. And.... Congratulations on your beautiful Mark V.

That poor guy is gonna be bummed when he
realizes that the Fractal ain't as good as
his old Mark V ;)

jb's 52 said:
That poor guy is gonna be bummed when he
realizes that the Fractal ain't as good as
his old Mark V ;)

Been there, done that! Sold a Mark V for a AXE Standard... ended up selling the AXE and going back to the V!

andretoscano said:
John BNY said:

Actually, the amp is plugged into a 2x12" cabinet, just not in sight.
It's easier for me to control the amp this way for more immediate changes.

But you've answered a question that I posted in a different topic just now.
So it's better to always have a load connected to the amp. I'll make a note of that.

Thanks!

Agora só falta você aumentar o briquedinho bem alto que eu quero escutar daqui do outro lado da poça!! :wink: :wink: 8)

Back