A question to all of you

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have not been on here in a long time and thought this would be a good place to ask. I have a really nice mark III coli (blue stripe)and was wanting to get a cab from that era to match. My question is what do you all think of the half back cabs with the black shadow's and would they also sound with v-30's in them.

I love the older halfback cabs. V-30's will probably sound good in it. It's a small cab, so the tone will be tight, and V-30's will be warmer than the MC-90's or 2 MC-90/ 2 EV-12L's. Those cabs were designed with the Mark series in mind right? Got any pics of the coliseum?

scott

I say those cabs are the best! I prefer the EV's with the MK series. Zodizk likes the 30"s so you see it's all subjective to the ear!

The half-backs are great cabs, but very heavy. I ordered a top-half back panel from Mesa when I had mine. It warmed up the cab some. EV's in the bottom and C90's in the top are the way to go. I don't know how V30's would sound.

Back