A question of switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!

I just bought a Roadster last weekend! It's my first tube amp and it makes me wonder what I was doing all these years without one - couldn't be more happy with the tone!

Anyways, I have a question about switching between the Bold and Spongy modes. Between Bold and Spongy lies off. So to switch from bold to spongy (or back) I need to go throught the off position. I'm a little hesitant to do this because for some reason I feel that turning the amp from on to off back to on again in quick succession will damage it. Is this true?

Do you have to make a choice when you first switch the amp on like, "I'll play in the spongy mode today" and then stick to it? Or can you switch it from one mode to another for one song and then switch it back without any drama?

Cheers!

I switch my stiletto's power back and forth with no issue, if you move it quickly it doesn't seem to turn off. I always put mine into standby first though, doubt it matters but it's habit.

Cool, thanks guys.

So if I put the amp into standby, take a deep breath and then - Shazam! There will be no problems?

Am I right in assuming though that turning the amp off and on quickly will damage it? Say if I turned it off and then 3-5 seconds later turned it back on again....

Latest posts

Back