A new idea in Powering a Pedalboard.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laskyman

Reaction score
Like many of you, I have a pedal board. I also happen to have 3 Eventide Factor pedals. I love the Eventides. The problem with them is that they each come with a giant Wall Wart. Currently, there are NO mass production power supplies that can handle more than 2 of them simultaneously -and of the 2 that can, one doesnt have US distribution -CIOKS DC10, and the other is ridiculously large-CAE/MXR Power system. Or I could buy 3 Voodoo ISO-5's.......and still require 3 spaces on a multi-strip and a tremendous amount of board real estate.....
Then I came across a post on another board about a guy who builds custom power supplies- Joe Logsdon of Logsdon Audio.
So I emailed Joe and explained what I wanted- 1 supply that can handle ALL of my pedals SAFELY, QUIETLY, and RELIABLY from 1 unit.
He emailed me back the same day asking for clarification on my tuner model. He researched my gear, then got back to me with the units specifications:
Short circuit protection makes it impossible to damage by a bad pedal of short circuit, ultra low noise operation 1 millionth of a volt, roadworthy fully encased metal housing, standard IEC 3 wire power cable: My custom box has the following specs:

3- isolated and regulated 9.6 volt DC 600ma outs for the Eventides
3- isolated and regulated 9.6 volt DC 100ma outs for standard 9v pedals
2- regulated 9.6 volt DC 100ma (these 2 outputs share a common ground)

Physical size is 7.375" X 4.5" X 1.5"

This is the coolest power solution available- and this piece will be delivered for a cost of under $200.

If you are looking to get a power supply, check out Logsdon Audio- if you have special power needs like I did- he can most likely build it. AND it is 100% USA made, with the best customer service on the planet.
I just wanted to promote a great value from a great guy-

yea I went through the CAE power supply and with only 2 of the eventides being able to be powered... the furman SPB 8's power strip comes off nicely and I got a regular 9V power supply from BBE and a prime powerstrip. Ill stick with this because the top of the pedal board was sunken in and the wall warts are not so tall now.

I really dug that CAE but I didn't have the know how to make it work. Bob Bradshaw sent me some replies in the Eventide MB too!!

wasnt expecting that!

The Logsdon stuff is bulletproof. If I would have known about Logsdon earlier, I would already have had one made. If you use the Eventides, and already have a solution or don't mind wall warts- that's great. If you want a hand built "all-in-one" power solution for EVERYTHING, including low noise connecting cables, that can customized to fit *your* needs- Logdon Audio is your absolute best value.
He also has a line of standard power supplies- at UNBEATABLE prices- if you are in the market for power- go here first www.logsdonaudio.com.

This is only the second power supply I have heard of that can handle multiple Factor pedals, the other being Gig Rig, which can handle a 5A draw.

http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/TheGigRig_Adapters.html

I just got a picture of the "DC Factor 3+" Joe built for me- looks really, really good...if you want to see what it looks like, PM me. I will take a pic of my board with all rolling as soon as it gets here- "good bye wall warts"...

Here is a picture of my board being powered by the latest and greatest version of the supply- we went through several designs to get everything where I want it- as it turns out, I am very particular about noise...just got it back yesterday (we've been working on it for a couple months) and SO FAR, we have it behaving exactly like the Eventide power supplies!!
I cant wait to get it in rehearsal this week...working with Joe has been a pleasure- I will contact Logsdon with any supply need I have in the future- his customer service is peerless....

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww159/laskyman/Pedalboard%202010/?action=view&current=IMG_0471.jpg

If you use Eventide Factor pedals, and do not like being held hostage by by the ridiculously bulky wallwarts and real estate of a multi-outlet, look carefully at my pedal board.....liberty is at hand...

Back