A mark V. Second round

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
Well dudes

I've been down at my local mesa dealer ripping it up on the mark V. I spent most of my time on channel 3 the 2c+ and mk lv modes.

For my ears this thing sounds phenomenally good. It does not sound exactly like a mk4 but boy it's like a refreshed version of that sound. I play my mk4 most of the time with the presence shift pulled and that is what I'm hearing in the V the pull shift feature when the sliders are active. On the other hand tho, if I use the presets it feels like I'm pushing in the pull shift presence knob on a IV.

I did not bother with ch1 and 2 because I know how good they sound and ch 3 is the deciding factor for me.

The Mark V is brilliant and for those who understand the logic behind the mark voice this thing is pretty easy to dial in. And if anyone thinks this one has less gain than a IV well then they clearly forgot the fact that the treble knob is the marks secret gain hideout.

I got really tempted to let the IV go today and bring home the newborn. Who knows maby hmmmmmmm :mrgreen:

But to conclude these ramblings I just want to say that the V is an stellar amp whom I could live happily with for the rest of my playing days and Randall Smith is one heck of a genius.

Peace

Geiri

I'm keeping my Mark IV because it's an old best friend, and it's nice to have stereo options. However, I havn't used it for anymore than 5 minutes since last june when the FIVE came home. IMO ch.3 is the hardest to dial in on the amp, so if you're happy with it.. no worries for you!

I hear ya

I have an early version A and it's like an old trusted friend even tho I've only had it for about a year, I just love the **** thing :mrgreen:

I initially went there to see about triaxis. But since triaxis and mk V are about the same thing in a way, both carry the mark series history in them. But the triaxis rig will be very very expensive and I could do a very similar thing with a V then why the hell not ??

It's all good as long as there is a boogie soothing my soul :mrgreen:

Geiri said:
The Mark V is brilliant and for those who understand the logic behind the mark voice this thing is pretty easy to dial in.

True. While I hadn't owned a Boogie in more than 20 years (owned a a Mark II and a Studio 22 in the mid-late 80's) when I first test drove the Mark V a few months ago I was certainly familiar enough with the Mark series to just dive in. Despite its 50+ user controls the Mark V seemed intuitive to me from the word go. I walked away from my first demo pretty well sure I'd be purchasing a Mark V and, after a few more demo's and time to fully consider the option, I pulled the trigger on one. Although I'm still finding new tones and textures I find it easy to dial in whatever I want out of the amp. It really is an extraordinary amp!

Yup one heck of a tone machine.

I always dreamed of owning a mark 4 head but ended up with the combo instead which I couldn't be happier with. So now I'm thinking wether to get the mark 5 combo or head hmmmmmmm. I think I'll end up with the head and a 1x12 thiele cab for portability.

Geiri said:
Yup one heck of a tone machine.

I always dreamed of owning a mark 4 head but ended up with the combo instead which I couldn't be happier with. So now I'm thinking wether to get the mark 5 combo or head hmmmmmmm. I think I'll end up with the head and a 1x12 thiele cab for portability.

The amp I demo'd was a head into what I believe was a 2x12 recto cab - it sounded great! Ultimately I'm a 1x12 combo kind of guy and so I purchased a Mark V 1x12 combo and it also sounds fantastic! Whatever you decide you can't lose. :)

Latest posts

Back