A Magical Awakening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Reaction score
I know you guys have seen me trying to get "My Boogie Tone" and I finally freakin found it.

Check me on this.

I been trying to get a Dark Beefy Thick Solo Tone out of my Mark III and just couldnt get the Lead Channel to give up the goods. **** near about pulled my hair out.

Fast forward.

Using the Graphic on full time with a Smiley Face setting on it. This makes the Clean and the Crunch really good. Using the Lead Channel as the Crunch Channel (I like a bright Crunch).

Then using an Overdrive Pedal to get a Robben Ford Tone out of the Clean Channel and over the top no Fizzy Tone out of the Lead Channel. Want a little more Gain throw in R2. R2 aint worth a flip by itself though which is fine.

Anyway I'm using an OCD which allows me a Darker Thicker tone and Boys this stuff is working Pure Magic for me.

I cant believe it and I have struggled with this thing to the point of give up. 8)

AustinK said:
R2 aint worth a flip by itself though which is fine.

You really cant get a good tone out of R2?

I find that i use that channel a ton.
But everyone is different i guess. :D

Im not saying Rythem 2 is useless. I treally depends on all the combinations you use and what guitar/pickups .........yada yada yada.

I can get a really good R2 but with these paticular parameters I'm using the R2 wasnt doing it for me.

But now understand I had all these Tone going.

#1 Clean on R1 Channel

#2 Crunch on Lead Channel with R1 engaged under Lead Channel

#3 Sustaining Cleanish Dirty Solo on R1 Channel using OCD (not to bright)

#4 Sustaining Cleanish/Dirty Solo More Dirty using OCD on R1 with R2 Engaged

#5 Singing Sustaining Solo on Lead Channel using OCD with R1 under Lead Channel (not to bright)

#6 Explodo Sustaining Solo on Lead Channel using OCD with R2 under Lead Channel

Those 6 Tones were all the sounds I was looking for and then some to a T.

The fact that R2 didnt fair well by itself was no big deal for me.

Now bare in mind I'm using the GEQ all the time like this and its working! Also using Reverb on Cleaner tones only. Counting all the other Options switching the Reverb and GEQ on/off gives even way more settings (which I doubt I'll use).

Alivefor5 said:
Excellent Greg!

Is this with the Eminence speaker?

Well let me put it like this. I like the Legend better than the EV but prefer the MC-90 to the Legend.

The Legend had a really really good Clean Tone but I like the Dirty Tones of the MC-90 much better and I can get the same Clean Tones by using that Smiley Face setting on the GEQ.

I picked up an MC-90 from Edward a few days ago.

#1 Clean on R1 Channel

#2 Crunch on Lead Channel with R1 engaged under Lead Channel

#3 Sustaining Cleanish Dirty Solo on R1 Channel using OCD (not to bright)

#4 Sustaining Cleanish/Dirty Solo More Dirty using OCD on R1 with R2 Engaged

#5 Singing Sustaining Solo on Lead Channel using OCD with R1 under Lead Channel (not to bright)

#6 Explodo Sustaining Solo on Lead Channel using OCD with R2 under Lead Channel

Ya i see you took my advise on how having r2 under the lead adds a little dirt :D

Hey Greg,

Very glad you found your tone!! FWIW, I love the MC90 on my DC5 and that spkr aint going anywhere ...prob has to do with that combo's cab being significantly larger than the Boogie 112 open-back cab. Glad it worked out for you! BTW, your EVM sounds great in mine ...just trying to "tune" it a bit by playing with the open-back opening size. I have been following your tone trials ...glad it all worked out in the end! Take care, man!!

Edward

Now if I could just find a decent Bass Player and Drummer I would be in Heaven.

Rehearsed with my band today and I gotta say I need to remove myself from this situation. When it totally sucks they think its great and when we start to make some progress they get all squirley.

My Wife and I were setting here talking about it all. The problem is where we live there are very few players. Arrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhh!

I got some serious good tone happening and nowhere to take it to.

Latest posts

Back