A little help with CH. 2 please....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrplayer

Reaction score
Hey all... I have ch 1 and 3 dialed in where I like them... but need some advice on ch 2.

I have ch2 set to be really saturated and scooped... but the problem is, is that there is a lot of low over tones....

I like the saturation and the scoop and it doesn't sound too "middy" really, but man there are a lot of those low overtones when "chunking" etc...

Thoughts?

Hi!..it depends on what you want to do, but if metal is..of course full power..45w (diodes) or 90w, use the loop active so you can manage your overall volume with volume pot placed in the right side of the amp..then use mark I mode, thick mode, gain to taste, I recommend somwhere in 3 oclock, 4 maybe..set the bass off the treble and prescence must be very high and mids between 9 and 11 oclock, now eq it with sliders taking out some bass since this mode its very bassy besides you use the bass off..now the secret for mark I.. Master for this channel must be FULL, yes turn the master knob until it cant spin anymore, this would be 5 oclock I guess..well this would be pretty loud so control the overall volume and your ready to go!

If you want to use the others modes, crunch and edge, the eq for this modes its more easy and predictable so use common sense..but really be concient that mark I doesnt work fine if the master is not full, its like opening the door, dont know how to explain but when I did it just change everything!

Cheers!

Awesome! Thanks for the info.... I thought it might be helpful to post my current settings! Duh! :)

Ch2:
CH2Mar18_2010-vi.jpg

EQ:
EQMasterMar18_2010-vi.jpg

ALL:
CHALLMar18_2010-vi.jpg

it depends on what kind of tone you want. Ive gotten a beefed up 5150/vht cl100 type tone outta the crunch mode with a od infront. its actully really sick having a 5150 type grit and then switching over to lead to the full blown extreem mode lol

Ok, cool! Thanks so much for all the help... this board is great!

Ok, we're playin tonight, so I will switch to crunch mode and I have an OD on my board, so will kick that in as well...

I will let ya all know tomorrow how it goes.

Thanks!

what kind of do you usein???

best settings i found was gain at about almost full back off a lil due to feedback when its turned up, master to taste, pres at about 1 oclock, treb at the same, mids to taste waht i like doing it boosting mids in teh pre amp then scooping them in the geq so i dont have to change anything in the eq from channel 2 and 3, then bass i usually put it at about half or less and with the od set your gain at a 1/4 level at full and your tone at 10 oclock

ok... I have notes on the settings... I'm headed out.

I didn't understand your very first question...? What kind of ???? do I usein??

kind of od sorry man lol fingers sometimes type faster than others...the joys of being guitarist eh lol

Yep, let me second a poster above: For Mark I mode to sound really good, you need the master up to at least 3:00. Cut bass on the EQ sliders and keep the bass control all the way down. You need the presence up too.

pathos45 said:
it depends on what kind of tone you want. Ive gotten a beefed up 5150/vht cl100 type tone outta the crunch mode with a od infront. its actully really sick having a 5150 type grit and then switching over to lead to the full blown extreem mode lol

whats the od you mention above?

im just usein a good old maxon od808, really the only one i like for some odd reason but it works. Bands recording this week hopefully and im gonna record with both the extreem mode and the crunch mode to see what sounds best ill post it up once its done!

I growing very fond of CH 2 set to thick.barely running the bass and it is huge sounding

Ok...well, I got all set up and I just couldn't do it! ha!! I just couldn't bring myself to change the settings! What a whimp!!

But actually my Ch2 sounded pretty **** hot last night at the place, so it was all good... I kicked over to ch3 for some songs that required more "definitive" sound (not so saturated) like the Killers, Kings of Leon... But kept my saturated ch2 for our Def Lepard 80s rock stuff. It worked very well...

I just hate "changing" stuff and then kicking off the set not knowing... Because you really don't know until you're into the mix with the full band... and once you're in that mix, whatever sound you have is IT until you can "re tweak" later... Although, I guess that's also part of the fun of it...

Play again Friday in a different place that's a bit more low key, kind of the place we call the "paid practice" joint...so I will tweak then! ha!

I DID tweak my OD pedal as described...although that is about where I keep it... I only used it though on my clean ch. for some songs...

The OD is a Zakk Wylde OD....

Speaking of Clean... any suggestions on CH1 for a good full clean sound?? AND also FX for clean?????

THanks again!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back