A little help for my Rev. F dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtxdriggers

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while, but it seems I have bad luck with my rectos :(

I was recently playing my '93 Rev. F dual rec, when a power surge managed to cause a loud popping noise, making the tubes flash, and blew a fuse. First I replaced the fuse, then replaced the power tubes 2 at a time (outside first, then inside), and still got the popping noise as soon as I flipped the standby switch. I then took out the chassis to find what I believe to be a large resistor blown in half. The colors on the resistor appear to indicate that it has a 1k ohm rating, but I'm not sure how many watts. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm looking for so I can get this baby repaired as quickly as possible.

Here's an internal image from my old recto for reference: http://jtxdriggers.com/mesa/int3.jpg. The component in question is a large (about 1/2") resistor, brown/black/red/gold, sprouting from the outer power tube socket on the rectifier tube side of the amp. I can confirm that the amp works fine when only using the inner 2 tubes on the 8/16 ohm setting to my Marshall 1960a cabinet.

I also found these schematics for a Rev. F dual rec: http://www.schematics.ca/modules/PD...=Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Schematic Diagram

What exactly is the part I'm looking for? After replacing this resistor, is there anything else you guys recommend for me to do?

I have a '93 Rev F Dual Rec as well. While I have not had any problems with mine, I plan on having it serviced in the next couple of years. It is due for a cap job then as well. Given the age of the amp, perhaps you should have a certified mesa tech look over it, just to make sure everything is in working order.

Thanks for the advice YellowJacket. It was a bit out of the way, but I decided to go ahead and get a full checkup. I just hope any new components don't change the sound (I honestly have no idea how it works, I just know what each component "does"). I'll post when I get it back with an update.

Latest posts

Back