A few ?s on 3ch Dr FX Loop - assigning, switching, vol level

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieslide

Reaction score
I would like to put my chorus pedal in the loop of my 3ch DR. My idea was to set the FX loop to channel 1 and keep the chorus on. That way when I go to the channel 1 it is already engaged and I save a foot tap. FX button on the Big Foot would be off in this scenario.
This works fine, but then I noticed that even though the FX is assigned to ch1 you can still engage the FX button on the Big Foot while in ch2 or 3 and the FX will come in. Any of you guys use the loop set up like this?

Ok, so now my problem is volume. Whenever I engage the FX loop from the footswitch on ch2 or 3 in a gain mode the volume jumps...even if the effect pedals are not on. I tried lowering the Send level, but that just lowers the entire volume of the amp and that difference between FX engaged being louder than when it is not is still there. The MIX knob did not seem to do much of anything. This problem actually exists regardless of whether I have FX assigned to ch1 or FS.
What am I missing?

Check the MASTER settings for each channel. These knobs act as your FX loop send controls for each channel. Make sure they are not set to wildly different levels or your FX loop will have wildly varying changes in volume!

Basically, this is going to be a balancing act between the settings of your MASTERS, FX loop level controls and the OUTPUT control.

Try to set the channel masters so that you have relative volume balance between all channels. Then use the FX loop controls to fine tune the overall level between the loop engaged and the loop bypassed so that there is little to no difference (unless you want one).

Set your FX mix to taste.

Set the output to playing level and you're good to go.

It can take some monkeying around to balance...

Sorry if you already knew this!!!

Good luck!

Back