'95 2 Chanel Recto vs. FJA Recto (clips)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YellowJacket said:
I think the purpose of the FJA mod is to remove fizz and add clarity to the tone. The idea is that you can then pile more gain saturation on top of that.

That is exactly right. And the mod did just what it had been designed to do. But ya can't make the proverbial chicken sh!t into chicken soup, right? :lol:

Oh and it's Jerry at FJA. Not John. :shock:

The older 2-channels stock are the real deal. They are the reason I ended up with such bad luck of my old Single for so long. :lol:

I wish these days I ended up with one of the older 2-channel Duals instead, though. It wouldn't of made me so sour on the Recs. Hearing the Roadster live actually replenished that again. I'm thinking... 8)

Neptical said:
The older 2-channels stock are the real deal. They are the reason I ended up with such bad luck of my old Single for so long. :lol:

I wish these days I ended up with one of the older 2-channel Duals instead, though. It wouldn't of made me so sour on the Recs. Hearing the Roadster live actually replenished that again. I'm thinking... 8)

Know this at least: Roadster is quite a bit different from a 2 channel in sound.. but they both sound incredible!

b0nkersx said:
Neptical said:

Know this at least: Roadster is quite a bit different from a 2 channel in sound.. but they both sound incredible!

Oh, definitely..I agree. A buddy of mine had an old blackface that sounded pretty sick. I went off that in terms of looking for the same tone in my Single. NO luck whatsoever. I really dig that darker sound of the Roadster though. Paired with the right cab/speakers, the thing is disgustingly good sounding.

It's sounds killer, I like it. Also, how would you say an EH gold pin compares to a Tung Sol gold pin? I have 2 in my Dual right (V1 and V5, the rest being shuguang 12AX7-B's) now but was thinking of switching them out for the EH's...

JCDenton6 said:
It's sounds killer, I like it. Also, how would you say an EH gold pin compares to a Tung Sol gold pin? I have 2 in my Dual right (V1 and V5, the rest being shuguang 12AX7-B's) now but was thinking of switching them out for the EH's...

I have never tried a TS Gold Pin, just the regular reissue, but I would say the main differences are that the EH sounds a little bit more full and feels like it has more attack than the TS. The TS is kind of bright but in a general kind of way. It's like it chops off all of the frequencies a little bit and then adds the highs back in. That is just the 3 or 4 I have tried though and of course my opinion.

In a darker amp I could see how they would really be beneficial (i.e. Roadster)

Hope that helps and thanks for listening!

Awesome! It's been a while since I had one in my Dual (it was the V1 tube) and now that I look back at a youtube vid I put up a few years ago, it sounds like that to my ears now.

I need to order 2 of those bad-boys. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back