• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

92' Dual Recto R-0028 (rev C/pre-500) for sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kung-Fool

Reaction score
This is the 28th Dual Rectifier off the line. All original. Condition is an easy 9.5 out of 10. One small visible nick in the leather and a few small nicks on the very bottom of the headshell which are completely out of sight. The chassis is in excellent condition. The amp is in 100% working order with no issues at all. You all know the "pre-500" deal so I won't bore you with all the details on how great it sounds. Loaded with all Mesa tubes. The power section has STR440 6L6's(low hours), and the rectifier tubes are brand new. Comes with footswitch and cover. The amp will ship in a Mesa box with all factory packaging.

$2000 shipped and insured to the lower 48. I don't mind shipping overseas if you pay the shipping. I accept Postal MO's and Certified Bank Checks. Paypal is ok if you're willing to cover the fee. I have 100% feedback on Ebay and I have a ton of references on Harmony Central and here on the Boogie Board. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

R0028-full.jpg

28chassis.jpg

28rearchassis.jpg

28guts-2.jpg

RF-1C.jpg

28date.jpg

wallofmesa-1.jpg

I'm also open to partial trades but I need to clear at least $1400 so please keep that in mind if making a trade offer. I might be able to make a small exception for something really nice.

Kung-Fool said:
This is the 28th Dual Rectifier off the line. All original. Condition is an easy 9.5 out of 10. One small visible nick in the leather and a few small nicks on the very bottom of the headshell which are completely out of sight. The chassis is in excellent condition. The amp is in 100% working order with no issues at all. You all know the "pre-500" deal so I won't bore you with all the details on how great it sounds. Loaded with all Mesa tubes. The power section has STR440 6L6's(low hours), and the rectifier tubes are brand new. Comes with footswitch and cover. The amp will ship in a Mesa box with all factory packaging.

$2000 shipped and insured to the lower 48. I don't mind shipping overseas if you pay the shipping. I accept Postal MO's and Certified Bank Checks. Paypal is ok if you're willing to cover the fee. I have 100% feedback on Ebay and I have a ton of references on Harmony Central and here on the Boogie Board. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

R0028-full.jpg

28chassis.jpg

28rearchassis.jpg

28guts-2.jpg

RF-1C.jpg

28date.jpg

wallofmesa-1.jpg

PM'd in regards to confirmation of condition. if it is as described I take it ... :D

Wow - where were you when I was in the market a few months back? That is a seriously nice amp and a more than fair price.... Before I settled for my 15xx, I had a bid in at right around 2k for 109 or something like that - and although it had the reverse cosmetics, it wasn't in nearly as good of shape.

im hoping one of these (meaning a Pre-500) will be available in the spring when i get my tax return
but this is the best price i've seen for one, someones gonna be reallllllll happy...unfortuantely, that someone is not me :(
free bump tho

I have/had #29, which is this thing's brother, and I can personally vouch that it sounds amazing! The cleans are nothing to write home about, but the Red channel is pure destruction!

Whoever ends up buying this, here are a couple of tips:
To get a somewhat chimey clean, bump the presence, treble, and mids WAY up. Keep the gain and bass moderately set. Crank the volume 100%.

On the red channel, knock the presence down to about 9-10 oclock, or else it'll be very bright.

Elpelotero said:
I have/had #29, which is this thing's brother, and I can personally vouch that it sounds amazing! The cleans are nothing to write home about, but the Red channel is pure destruction!

To get a somewhat chimey clean, bump the presence, treble, and mids WAY up. Keep the gain and bass moderately set. Crank the volume 100%.

On the red channel, knock the presence down to about 9-10 oclock, or else it'll be very bright.
What Rev. board would be on DR# 28?..."C"? or would it be earlier?

LynchLicks said:
Elpelotero said:

What Rev. board would be on DR# 28?..."C"? or would it be earlier?
Duh?!!... it's "C".......Sorry!

down to the bone these things don't disappear. they just change hands over time and its an honour to take good care inbetween. again, thanx tom !
robert

Latest posts

Back