• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

'92 Black/Chrome Dual Rectifier Serial R-0109

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks. I was the other bidder on that amp - the winning bid was $10 more than my highest bid. Just the other day I picked up a recto that was in the 1500 area for $900, otherwise I'd be all about it. ****......

If someone on this board wants it drop me an e-mail. I'd rather sell it here. Thanks!

Well I'm glad to finally see the Pre-500 mania starting to fizzle a little bit. Hopefully the days of people selling average condition ones for enormous amounts of money has ended. Someone just sold a dead mint one for $1,800 which is a fair price. $2k plus for anything other than mint is ridiculous IMHO.

Thanks for crapping all over my for sale ad. You're just pissed because I wouldn't sell it to you for your 15 year old son for 1600. These sell routinely for 1800-2500. At times you can get lucky and scoop one up for 1000 but those days are fading quickly. The market is not fizzling, it is just soft because the economy is weird.

You wanted a solid offer and $1,600 for your amp was a solid offer based on the condition. Sorry the pre-500 market went South!

I see you have a grand total of 3 posts. 2 of them bashing me. This is a decent forum with good knowledgeable people. If all you're going to do is spew negativity I suggest you leave.

randall said:
You wanted a solid offer and $1,600 for your amp was a solid offer based on the condition. Sorry the pre-500 market went South!

I haven't noticed it going away. I got significantly more than that number for a black chassis/chrome plate last month.

I've seen the prices creeping up on the pre 500's and the only ones going lower than that are the people throwing up BIN on ebay, because they don't pay attention to the market and have a set number in their head. Keep in mind, what might seem reasonable to you, might not be reasonable to the seller, especially if they're watching the market and the average is above that. No reason to fight over a sellers price, not gonna make them lower it, it's better to be nice to the seller and let them know if they change their mind you'll have the cash waiting for them.

I just got my pre-500 and tried it yesterday(R406), i'm not ready to write a full review yet but it will come soon. I've only played it for 2 hours, haven't A/B it with my other 2 channels DR #11750 but i can definitely say that IT IS DIFFERENT. I'm not going to get into the details now but my first feeling is that the pre-500 thing is not only a hype, there is something with that amp. I will test, compare and analyse it and will let you know. I paid 2000 USD from AdmiralB on this board

Glad it got there safe! International shipments always worry me, the UK postal service 'lost' a Sunn Sorado last year.

Then, nine months after the claim was paid...it showed up on my doorstep, as 'undeliverable'.

danvortex said:
I just got my pre-500 and tried it yesterday(R406), i'm not ready to write a full review yet but it will come soon. I've only played it for 2 hours, haven't A/B it with my other 2 channels DR #11750 but i can definitely say that IT IS DIFFERENT. I'm not going to get into the details now but my first feeling is that the pre-500 thing is not only a hype, there is something with that amp. I will test, compare and analyse it and will let you know. I paid 2000 USD from AdmiralB on this board

i told you guys they're different!

well, today i've taken some time to play r406 and i A/B tested it with my other DR #11750. I don't want to insult anyone here but people who say there is no difference between a 2 channels DR and a pre-500 DR are either deaf or drummers...

Seriously, i will agree they have the same tone signature but to my ears, there are many little differences that set the pre-500 apart. My bandmates could also ear the difference. My drummer is a soundman, he knows about guitar tone and knowing how my other DR sounds, he said the pre-500 was a good investment... So i'm not the only one who saw an improvement

1. The amp is defenitely thighter
2. The grain/crunch is a bit meaner and has more definition
3. The EQ has a bit of a different voicing and is more sensitive when dialled
4. There is a little more gain
5. There is a little more attack

I use an OD in front of the DR and with the pre-500, i had to back off the tone and level to abtain what i wanted. If i compare to my other DR, i use less extreme settings on the amp and on the OD and i get a meaner, clearer, tighter tone.

It is not like if you played a completely different amp, all are small differences, but altogether they have an impact that i beleive most guitar players who care fore their tone would really appreciate. In my opinion, if you like the Rectifier tone than it is worth spending the money.

I remember the feeling i had the first time i played a good all tube amp compared to my old solid state peavy and now, with the pre-500, it feels like all of those sought after all tube amp qualities are even more present.

Does the Pre-500 have all of these characteristics versus a standard recto?

Restructure the gain - remove the fizzy/fuzzy/buzzy qualities & increase the gain/distortion.
Breath taking for leads or single note passages.
Faster attack - tracks every note you play immediately.
Improved note articulation - more articulate/defined/clear.
Harmonics will leap off from the fretboard with ease.
No matter how much gain you use you can still hear all the notes within the chords - When you turn the gain control to 10 - it's all useable.
Improved clean tones - more airy/chimey/open sounding & lush (more Vox or Fender like).
Lows, mids to highs are much more balanced across the frequency spectrum.
Dramatically improved bottom end - no more loose/mushy bottom.
Cranked tones at lower volumes.
EQ section is much more active and responsive allowing for unlimited tonal possibilities.
Will cut through & sit in the mix much better live as well as in the recording studio.

randall said:
Does the Pre-500 have all of these characteristics versus a standard recto?

Restructure the gain - remove the fizzy/fuzzy/buzzy qualities & increase the gain/distortion.
Breath taking for leads or single note passages.
Faster attack - tracks every note you play immediately.
Improved note articulation - more articulate/defined/clear.
Harmonics will leap off from the fretboard with ease.
No matter how much gain you use you can still hear all the notes within the chords - When you turn the gain control to 10 - it's all useable.
Improved clean tones - more airy/chimey/open sounding & lush (more Vox or Fender like).
Lows, mids to highs are much more balanced across the frequency spectrum.
Dramatically improved bottom end - no more loose/mushy bottom.
Cranked tones at lower volumes.
EQ section is much more active and responsive allowing for unlimited tonal possibilities.
Will cut through & sit in the mix much better live as well as in the recording studio.
,,,lol good question!i would love to see a review from a voodoomodded recto ,vs a pre500

not all but many of them from what i have experienced until now. and i had 4 other experienced musiciens to come over to our rehersal room and they all agreed it is different and for the most part better than the regular recto.
Tone is subjective but when so many people agree than...

I tried the Danvortex pre-500 this morning and this amp is really great ! I actually own a Bogner uberschall and it was a hell of a fight between this two amp ! :)

Sadly i was the first winner for the pre-109 on ebay and can't set up the trade correctly with Cord. Got this one for 2 026 $ but as i can see Cord try to get a better price for this one ... relist 200 $ higher ! anyway ...

If someone is looking to sell a pre-500 let me know !!!

Im glad you like your Pre500! I am really happy with mine as well and would only sell it if I was offered a ludicris amount of money :lol: It's good to hear that more and more people are finding out about the Pre500 AND are enjoying the benefits that the amp offers compared to other DR's!

ytsejim said:
Sadly i was the first winner for the pre-109 on ebay and can't set up the trade correctly with Cord. Got this one for 2 026 $ but as i can see Cord try to get a better price for this one ... relist 200 $ higher ! anyway ...

I'm not sure what would be so difficult about the transaction. You win the auction, you send the money, he sends the amp? Seems pretty straightforward.....

Latest posts

Back