-

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man I am really not seeing the 100W Head. At times, I think I can see it, but the camera never gets close enough where the camera is steady enough to read that, then at times I also see "Solo" as Mine says. A couple of times though the letters of that side of the logo looked smaller (not proportionate) to the Head letters.

As far as his sound goes. I think the amp is for show. He is running into that laptop with all his rack effect's settings on as inserts on a channel of whatever DAW they are using. They are talking about the TC Electronics USB pedals where you can download patches, but never demonstrate that. That is why you don't see what they are talking about on the computer and his sound is so perfect.

I agree with you, the 3 channel Dual rec can sound nice, but I have never heard it Petrucci tone nice.

The multi-watts have a switch above and below the light. That does not appear to be a multi-Watt

Geez, my eyes must be playing tricks on me...you're right about the switches. The name change didn't happen with the Multi-watt, but a year or two before....so there are at least 1.5 years worth of 3 channel heads that say 100W Head and not Solo. Thanks!!

In addition to the amp, I'd attribute the killer tone to that guy's guitar and, his delay, and most importantly, his fingers.

For those of you who haven't already, you really need to try a properly good guitar with great pickups through a Recto. It's a totally different experience! :D

Really?

Train of Thought and Octavarium both definitely have Road King content and Petrucci gets a great tone out of just about anything he plugs into.

I've gotten fantastic and very clear tones out of my Recto running guitars with Bare Knuckle Pickups. It is very possible.

What guitars and pickups are you using? Regardless of whether he is actually using the Dual Recto or not, I think those sorts of tones are possible with a recto.

Latest posts

Back