50 watt Boogie/Vibro Champ - codes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryN

Reaction score
I just bought a Vibro Champ, late 60's silverface with Bassman transformers and a 10" Celestion. What a great sounding amp this is. It's obviously a Boogie mod, from the components and the chassis marker codes. It has the number 35, a black stripe and a tan/gold stripe and a large O on the PT end of the chassis. Does anyone know what these codes mean?

I would leave this to a call to the source. Call Mesa and see if you can talk to Randall Smith or Mike Bendinelli. The only other person I knew who could identify it was Rich Ray out in Kansas City. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us.

Ian/Boogiewan has a picture of a Boogie/Princeton Boost at Rich's shop when he was still alive. Notice all the hardwoods in the back. Rich had an entire wall stacked 5 high with hardwoods and other rare Boogie's.

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/IICPlus.html

Haven't talked to Boogie yet, but I gigged with the amp last night. I can't believe how good it sounds without any pedals and one 10". I better add another speaker, though. I don't see how this 10" could hold up for a long time with 50 watts going through it.

Latest posts

Back