50 watt 100 watt switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrwinder635

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new mesa dual rectifier and am very leased with it. its a 100 watt head but i just noticed it doesnt have the 100 watt/50 watt switches on the front of it. I was so excited when i was buying it that i didnt even think about those switches or anything of that sort i just wanted to get it home a play it. I know the amp i have has a normal and high power switch and a bold a spongey switch..how do those compair to the 50/100 watt switches. The more i think about the switches the more i realize i might need them to puch the clean tubes a little bit more. It isnt that huge of a deal i was just wondering...

oh...and i am playing it on a orange 2x12

Congrats on your new Mesa, and welcome to The Board.

The 50/100W switch is a new feature Mesa added to the Dual Rectifier in the 2010 models. You have a 2009 (or older) model.

I don't want to sound rude, but have you even taken the time to look at your manual? All your amps features are explained in detail there including the options you are asking about. The Rectifier select (Normal/High Power) and Variac (Bold/Spongy) functions are not at all like the half power option.

RTFM!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/3chRecto.pdf

Dom

domct203 said:
Congrats on your new Mesa, and welcome to The Board.

The 50/100W switch is a new feature Mesa added to the Dual Rectifier in the 2010 models. You have a 2009 (or older) model.

I don't want to sound rude, but have you even taken the time to look at your manual? All your amps features are explained in detail there including the options you are asking about. The Rectifier select (Normal/High Power) and Variac (Bold/Spongy) functions are not at all like the half power option.

RTFM!

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/3chRecto.pdf

Dom

:mrgreen: You did what I think 20 other people came in here to do but instead left grimacing.

jrwinder635, I'll echo what Dom said and recommend a thorough reading and re-reading of the manual that came with your amp. Not only does Mesa make kick-*** amps, their manuals are extremely in depth and read more like a story than a manual. I've read the manuals for both of my Mesa amps over 10 times each and every time, I still manage to come away with some new tidbit of knowledge to incorporate into my tone. Your answers are in there!

Latest posts

Back