50 caliber?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twohailmarys

Reaction score
i just traded a guy my beat up dc-5 combo for a 50 caliber head but i can't find much info on the 50 calibers. my question is do i have a + or not. it only says 50 caliber but it has a lead master control which leads me to believe it is a +. it also has 4 el84 power tubes and from what i have read only some of the non + have el84. here is a picture maybe someone can help me figure it out.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/joevirgona/50caliber.jpg

thanks

Wow, that thing looks weird. You're right, the presence of the lead master implies the plus, but the use of EL84s implies non-plus. I believe that when they moved to the plus version, they started using plastic rocker switches instead of metal toggle switches. It's like you have some kind of weird in-between model or something.

The earliest 50 Cals were EL-84 powered.
The "Plus" designation refers to the change to 6L6s. ALL 50 Cals, Plus or not, have a Lead Master.
You are thinking of the Studio .22, and Studio .22+, where the difference IS the addition of the Lead Master on the "Plus".

Your amp is a .50 CALIBER

.50 Caliber:
EL84

.50 Caliber +:
6L6
"Volume" control has a PULL option to switch between Clean & Lead

this is interesting.

my cousin has a .50 caliber.

it clearly says plus on the front.

but uses EL84s. and reads "class a power"

Latest posts

Back