.50 Caliber Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think that lot of people looks for some 2nd cal50+ if they have the 1st :)
but itw pretty hard to find, especially here in europe, im also looking for some 2x12EVM Halfback, but there're no halfback and from usa its pretty expensive...

Hey MrMot,

It looks like the 150k resistor to ground just after V1a could be changed to a 150 or 250k pot and essentially create a gain pot. Is this what you are talking about? Now you got me thinking! :lol:

I changed the LDR's and filter caps yesterday, as well as the Loop jacks. Can't wait to fire it up today and see if I fixed all the issues.

Monsta-Tone said:
Hey MrMot,

It looks like the 150k resistor to ground just after V1a could be changed to a 150 or 250k pot and essentially create a gain pot. Is this what you are talking about? Now you got me thinking! :lol:

well, i dunno much about that, so here's what potaetoes says about it:

basically, there's a 470k resistor that you remove and replace with a 500k pot, using two shielded wires to connect the pot to the circuit board where the resistor sat. with the pot on 10, there's slightly more gain than stock, then you can turn it down as much as you want from there. it's great if you like the clean channel gain fairly high, but don't want the lead channel to be too compressed or saturated... or i guess if you want that extra little push over the cliff, you also have that little bit of added gain available.

i'm not sure exactly which resistor, and it might have a different number on the .50cal schematic/PCB, but i'll definitely post pics once i get my computer situation sorted out.

from this thread:Tell me about Mesa .50 cal @ harmony-central

I found a 470k resistor from pin 2 of V1 to ground. That just may be the one. If a 500k gives you slightly more gain, I just might try a 1 meg. :lol:

I'll give it a try later on when I have more time.

So, how many .50 Cals were made with el84s, the Graphic EQ, and the lead master volume??

05250819351.jpg

05250819371.jpg

Latest posts

Back