.50 Caliber - Celestion 30's & G12T-'s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Anyone here try 2 X Vintage 30's and 2 X G12T-75's in their closed back recto cabs?

I have the original closed back recto with 4 X Vintage 30's but have been thinkin of swapping out two V30's for a pair of G12T-75's.

I use my .50 Caliber + thru the cab to play strictly metal...

Any thoughts/experiences/clips?

Thanks.

I'm not a big fan of the G12T-75's, but the G12T-100's are awesome! They have fuller bass response so they don't sound thin like the 75's. they sound killer with my Mark III. Perfect for metal chugging!

I ran my Orange 212 with V30 clones and a 412 cab with the G12T-100s at the same time with my Mark III, and I liked the T-100's alot more. The mids were a bit much through the Orange cab, but the other cab was smooth, heavy, and brutal sounding!

I'm not a big fan of the G12T-75's, but the G12T-100's are awesome! They have fuller bass response so they don't sound thin like the 75's. they sound killer with my Mark III. Perfect for metal chugging!

I ran my Orange 212 with V30 clones and a 412 cab with the G12T-100s at the same time with my Mark III, and I liked the T-100's alot more. The mids were a bit much through the Orange cab, but the other cab was smooth, heavy, and brutal sounding!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I've been hearing more and more about these G12T-100's so it's good to hear your thoughts on em...Yeah, my main thing I'm lookin for is a thick heavy chugga type rhythm tone - lead is secondary for sure.

I love the V30's but still feel they need to be balanced out a bit, a bit "tiny" so I'm lookin for more bass, I may look into the G12T-100's as you've mentoned...

I like Celestion G-12-80's with mine, Also the Celestion Centuries and Eminence Red Ryders which are all Celestion G-12-80 copies.

the G12H also has great low end sounds. i have one in a 2x12 that i built along with a vintage 30, and they are an amazing compliment to each other. I'd definitely suggest trying one out

the gt12-75 are the ones we usually find in the marshall 1960a isn't ?

if it's right, i don't really like it... too high, not enough bass and medium...

i have a 1960bv, 2 vintage 30 and 2 eminence wizard redcoat... i didn't do that (the owner before me did) i think it's very well balanced, maybe a little lack of bass, but real good medium and soft high...

I have a mesa 4x12 traditional cab with all V30s and I like it with my mark III, but I picked up a cheap Lopoline cab and loaded it with 2 V30s and 2 GT75s in an X pattern and I like that more when playing high gain. A lot more low end and a little brighter than the traditional 4x12. And the V30s tame a lot of that scooped/ice picky sound of the GT75s. By themselves, I'm not a fan of the GT75s at all, but mixed with the V30s, I love them. The traditional cab sounds better for clean/bluesy/rock stuff, but for metal, the V30/GT75 sounds much better, IMO. I also have a road king cab with 2 v30s and 2 C-90s (celestion CL-80s essentially) and I don't like it with my Mark III at all. Just a bit too neutral sounding with it. The road king cab sounds fantastic with my Diezel, but not the Mark III.

Also, some of the posts mention the G12T-100s. If you go that road, you might also want to look at the G12K-100s. I have heard nothing but good reviews of them, though I haven't tried them myself yet.

G12T100s are supposed to sound like a 75 but with higher wattage handling. the K is supposed to have moar mids. :p

I found that the G12T75s were too bright and too much high end for the .50 Cal. V30s seemed to be the best I tried. (And 3 of my 4 cabs have the G12T75/V30 combination).

Latest posts

Back