.50 cal + problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvschulz

Reaction score
the sound is fading in and out in clarity and volume. i have changed the tubes in the past 6 months - all of them. it did this once before i changed the tubes.

do you think it could be power or pre-amp tubes ? i have the old ones which basically worked fine, so i could go through the changing process.

at times, it sounded fine last night, then hazed up a little, then came back. it performed pretty well for 90% of practice - but at one solo, i had little volume. it seemed to clean up a little on push/pulling the gain in/out ... the gain did not seem to fade at all.

thanks for any help here.

could be a bad pot. If you have known good tubes, swap them and see what happens. but if the amp has been retubed in the last 6 months, and you are not experiencing microphonics or anything, it likely isn't tubes. Could be the filter caps getting a little old as well.

i called mesa and left a message. they responded, but unfortunately my voice mail did not get everything. however - they seem to think the first area to look is the effects loop jacks -

they suggested that i hook a cable from one the input to the output and see if that solves the problem - if so, then it is my choice to leave it like that or get it fixed. evidently, this is a "known" issue ...

i love the response. i will not buy any other manufacturer.

anyone else ever hear something like this on this or another amp ??

i had a problem like that with mine when i bought it...

but how can i say it in english ?? :?

i had a problem with the plot... well sorry for my english i'll try anyway :

there's little metal piece that grab the pin of the tube... those little pieces was too "spread"... the contact with the pin's was not good... easy to fix

now it works f***** good

I had the same problem with my .50 cal +. Its really a non-issue for me because I dont run anything in the loop, so I just leave a Dimarzio patch cable crossing the send/return jacks of the effects loop. I havent had the least bit of problems with it outside of that. Once you bridge the send/return, problem solved (for me anyway). Good luck.

Latest posts

Back