5/50 Express no sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artmusic

Reaction score
Hi all, I turned on my 5/50 Express tonight and no sound! It worked perfectly last night. I tried different cables, guitars, changing the 50 watts to 5, nothing. And when I shut it down there was a moderate thump. Tried it again, still no sound. I just bought this last week. I think I am going to take it back to GC. Any thoughts would be welcome.
Art

Try this first:

Take a small patch cable and place in the effects send and return jacks. Leave the patch cable in and turn the amp on.

These amps are notorious for doing this. It is how the effects loop is wired in the Express series. It was also the problem with the Studio .22 as well. If the jacks in the effects loop become worked out of place or if there is no input to the effects loop, sometimes you will have drop out.

I leave a patch cable in my effects loop when I am not running effects in the loop. That way I am guaranteed not to have any sound drop out.

That is more than likely the issue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip, I tried it, but nothing, no sound. Just a loud pop.

Sounds like a problem I had with my Express.
I was told two different things by the shop/Mesa UK but it was somehow linked to a faulty jack related to either the input side or loop.
I was told there was a dodgy batch that had been shipped to the UK only.
Send it back to Mesa and let them sort it out.

Latest posts

Back