412 vs. 2x412

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyJack

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a Mark IV and a 412 Standard Recto Slant.

I wanted to know if the difference was huge between a single 412 and a pair.

Will it affect my effects too? If I have stereo compatible effects, how would it be set so that the effects become stereo?

2 4x12's is one better :wink: . I love using multiple 4x12's and when using a stereo set-up, it cant be beat. 8)

Are stereo effets heard better when the 2 412 are placed horizontally?

I've heard that that make a big difference when coming to stereo effects?

DaveyJack said:
Are stereo effets heard better when the 2 412 are placed horizontally?

I've heard that that make a big difference when coming to stereo effects?

Yes, stereo effects sound INCREDIBLE when using two cabs but you also have to use 2 amps to get the FULL effect ! Using a one source amp even if you have 2 cabs isn't going to give you true stereo separation.

Yeah man ! You could use your V-Twin with any decent power amp to save a little cash for now.
But if you have the funds for another Mark IV, hell... go for it !

Running two amp rigs in stereo is inspiring to say the least and will make you extremely happy about finding YOUR tone. :D

psychodave said:
2 4x12's is one better :wink: . I love using multiple 4x12's and when using a stereo set-up, it cant be beat. 8)

don't want to hijack this thread but....

Dave, don't you run like 8-10 4x12's at the same time ? :lol:

I'm with you though, there's nothing like the feeling of pushing more air with multi-cabs. Not necessarily more volume/wattage...just more air ...feels and sounds really good !!!

Oh, ok, so this is what this 2nd output on the effect are for?

So I would just run the whole thing into both amps and having the effects through both one... ok

But then, if I want to change the amp's channel, I gotta change both a the same time. Unless I've got a midi pedal, can this be achievable?

And by the way, is there a tone/volume degradation when you run one guitar through TWO amps ( and lets say 2/4 cabs)?

Again, I guess it all depends of the A/B/Y switch?

Can you suggest a few switch that might be nice for me?

If everyone tried the Mark IV/Mark IV settings, what switch do you use?
I know that Mark Morton of Lamb of God does use Whirlwind pedal, but I've had bad feedback on these one.

ThunderMonkey said:
psychodave said:

don't want to hijack this thread but....

Dave, don't you run like 8-10 4x12's at the same time ? :lol:

I'm with you though, there's nothing like the feeling of pushing more air with multi-cabs. Not necessarily more volume/wattage...just more air ...feels and sounds really good !!!

The most I ever ranu was 8 with two Marshall 100 watters...playing Slayer tunes. Raining Blood never sounded so good. 8)

I have used 3 cabs with my Mark III and IV, but not often.

Latest posts

Back