400 tube problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KojakCurtis

Reaction score
In my 400 bass head, not a 400+, one of the tubes stopped working. I bought the amp 5 months ago and swapped the JJ Tesla power tubes that were in it with new Mesa tubes. It worked fine until last Sat. I swapped out the pair that included the non working one, and when I fired the head back up it blew the fuse and all the power tubes. Upon further inspection, some resistors were added to 2 tube sockets to readjust the bias for the non-Mesa tubes, one of them being the socket for the tube didn't work. If I remove the remains of the resistors putting it back to stock, as these don't appear on the original schematic,(there is also a service sticker on the underside stating they were added for adjusting the bias in '88, wish I would've seen that before I retubed it), would this solve the problem. Also, how long would it take for the voltage to disipate before I could safely remove the remains of the resistors, as I've heard horror stories about stored voltage.

Latest posts

Back